1949 Dodge PilotHouse Ute from Australia.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wendle, love the work you’re doing!

Really like what you did with the bed, very creative and well thought out. [cl

Looking forward to some more updates. :D

me and marzi went for a trip with stormie in the truck the other day.
she liked it so i let her borrow it, she had to fill it up with fuel though... bad mistake

i still had the old filler in the cab, and she pumped 10 litres into the cab wondering why it was running out the gaps in the door!!!

Haha you didnt tell me that today - thats a frickin classic, well done Marzi[cl[cl

I've let this thread lapse a little as I am only attacking all the little tasks now so I don't really have much to show.
Also struggling to find much time to work on the car with this fatherhood caper going on LOL.

Here is a few things that I have got done at least.

Finally got rid of the last of the donor car, got within a couple hundred dollars of breaking even on the purchase and registration of it after selling off as much as I could.

dodge66.jpg

Got trans cooler mount made and cooler mounted and plumbed. The radiator is now also in with 2x electric fans on a custom shroud, and all the engine plumbing is run. I need to get an overall engine bay photo.

dodge63.jpg

I eventually finished up mounting the steering column and pedals too. Ignore the bracket on the floor, it's one of my seat mounts that's been moved out of the way.

dodge70.jpg

Here is one of the seat mounts in place, I ended up using the big comfy bench seat out of the Holden.
Looking at this photo now, I've just noticed I have missed welding a couple of the joints hahaha.

dodge65.jpg

Made a good start on the seat belt mounts in the last week, the centre mounts are done. Nothing to show there, they are just a threaded boss that bolts up under the floor.
The outside mounts are a bit of a mission, I need to keep the seat-to-seatbelt geometry the same as the donor car as I am using it's title (our registration system is a little pedantic) but there is no steel in this cab where there needs to be to achieve that, so some bridge building has had to happen LOL.

Here is the start of the left side lower mount with the seat mount in place also.

dodge67.jpg

Right side lower mount nearly done. As much as possible can be unbolted and removed, so if they want anything changed it's not a big problem.

dodge68.jpg

This is the start of one of the upper mounts for the inertia reel, these have to be welded in to stiffen up the B-pillar unfortunately. I didn't really want bolts heads hanging outside of the car.

dodge69.jpg

And that's about where I am up to, been tidying up my buggy as well and did a photoshoot in it for an Australian magazine.
Here is an interesting comparison shot of the two cars. Tyre size difference is interesting...

dodge62.jpg

And here is where I do most of my fabrication now. The CNC table has been the only real reason I have gotten the little bit done that I have.

dodge64.jpg

I have looked at a picture and seen where something wasn't done or didn't look right. Then I wonder how I couldn't see it when I was looking right at it. Good work!

Wow, glad you added a post I hadn't noticed yoru build before now. Some real fine work on the truck for sure. The work you did on the front fenders is outstanding, came out really nicely. Thanks for takin the time to share with us.

Moving along very slowly.

Seat belts done, seat mounted, propane setup all plumbed up and engine is ready to fire.

Got the rear fenders done, couldn't mount them to the axle housing like I wanted to as the frame rails are too wide. I made up extended landing pads for the bumpstops so I could still get them pretty close to the tyres.

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

Zeke is a big boy now!

make him a badass pram with CNC bits

progress on the rat is good
love the guards

Excellent work on your truck. And, you can design parts and babysit at the same time.[cl That youngster is going to have to start growing hair to catch up with Dad.:D

Thanks guys.

Nam, that photo is a couple months old, he's a monster now, 8kg or something. He torments my cat already. :D

Bob W, he is a little blondie like his mother, still doesn't have much hair, hopefully he'll catch up by his teens. :D

i just saw the latest photos of the truck outside in the sunshine

it looks tough as

Moved everything out of the garage and had a good cleanup. Took the opportunity to do a bit of re-assembly and setup the good camera to take some photos.

sIMGP3093.jpg

sIMGP3094.jpg

sIMGP3095.jpg

sIMGP3091.jpg

sIMGP3086.jpg

looks good! Still have your continent on my list of must see places. Some day...

Latest posts

Back