Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paddy had long heard the stories of an amazing family tradition.

It seems that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all been able to walk on water on their 18th birthday. On that special day, they'd each walked across the lake to the pub on the far side for their first legal drink.

So when Paddy's 18th birthday came around, he and his pal Jim took a boat out to the middle of the lake, Paddy, stepped out of the boat, and nearly drowned!

Jim just barely managed to pull him to safety.

Furious and confused, Paddy went to see his grandmother.

"Grandma," he asked, "Tis me 18th birthday, so why can't I walk across the lake like me father, his father and his father before him?"

Granny looked deeply into Paddy's, troubled blue eyes and said, "Because ye father, ye grandfather and ye great-grandfather were all born in December, when the lake is frozen, and ye were born in August, ya fookin idiot!"

WIFE: "There is trouble with the car. It has water in the carburettor."
HUSBAND: "Water in the carburettor? That's ridiculous "
WIFE: "I tell you the car has water in the carburettor."
HUSBAND: "You don't even know what a carburettor is. I'll check it out.
Where's the car?
WIFE: "In the pool".

Long may it wave

I don't know why I didn't do this years ago. Best home improvement I could ever make.

Attachments

• Flag 002.jpg
    Flag 002.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 54
Bob w I just hung my flag yesterday , I had to re-due my pole a few months back and I just never put the flag back up ... im going to light it with the light on top , so i made it so i can bend the pole over to replace the bulb on the top . before i had a solar light on it but when it wore out i had no way to replace it , so i fixed it on a hinge , so that wont happen no more .

Bob w I just hung my flag yesterday , I had to re-due my pole a few months back and I just never put the flag back up ... im going to light it with the light on top , so i made it so i can bend the pole over to replace the bulb on the top . before i had a solar light on it but when it wore out i had no way to replace it , so i fixed it on a hinge , so that wont happen no more .

Good idea YT. All I've got on top is a brass ball. Maybe some base lighting will do.

When I go by the flag now, I "take a knee". :eek:

homeless guy

I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner.

I took out my wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked,"If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?" I asked.

"No, I don't waste time fishing," the homeless man said.."I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on hunting equipment?" I asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't gone hunting in 20 years!"

"Well," I said, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?

I replied, "Don't worry about that. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking, fishing and hunting."

Next time I go to my proctologist i'll give it a try. He will probably ask why I want his finger in there for 10 seconds though.:confused:

the reckoning by david halberstam

for those that haven't read this book written documentary style .....

there was a section in this book that veered away from Ford / Nissan..

carried on to say that Chrysler corp in the very early 50's had placed so much faith in the latest Plymouth Cranbrook ,, that supply had far exceeded demand.. apparently there were several thousand cars 'quietly' stored over the border in Canada, books were fiddled (supposedly) to represent sales, to reduce tax payments..

I found this little bit of info really interesting at the time .. I had a 51-ish Desoto, which I later discovered was a re-badged Plymouth..

in the New Zealand , Australian and Belgium markets it turned out that most Plymouth, Dodges and Desotos all shared the P23 Cranbrook body.. differences being grill, badge work and wheel caps even the motor had "P23" at the start of the block number

oh yeah and apparently we swapped these cars for butter.... (cant vouch for that bit)

the book in my title is a dam interesting read for those who are interested ,, this guy has done a lot of research

crate

Attachments

• nz desoto.jpg
    nz desoto.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 24
  • us desoto.jpg
    us desoto.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back