'56 Ford Club Sedan Mild Custom

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I regret hearing this animal.
My oldest daughter had that issue(Planter Fasc....) and it took a long time to heel as she is on her feet all day for her job.
And for what it's worth. She got the most relief from acupuncture treatments.
The back spasms may be a direct result of you favoring that foot when you try to walk.. "The knee bones connected to the, Hip bone" sort of thing.
It's a bitch that we've reached the age where we have a life time of experience and knowledge, but most of us are considered 'Un hire-able." For what ever reason.
Strength to you and yours and keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Difficult circumstances Animal. Wish you the best with the health issues. Any way to repair your house and avoid a costly replacement.

Thanks, Bman...we can actually buy a used modular or trailer and set it up cheaper than it would be to repair the old adobe house...and even if we fix it, there's no guarantee it won't fail in a different place later. We're pretty committed at this point to find something else to put on our land. It sucks a bunch, because we spent so much time and money completely remodeling the interior last year. Oh well. I appreciate the kind words.

I regret hearing this animal.
My oldest daughter had that issue(Planter Fasc....) and it took a long time to heel as she is on her feet all day for her job.
And for what it's worth. She got the most relief from acupuncture treatments.
The back spasms may be a direct result of you favoring that foot when you try to walk.. "The knee bones connected to the, Hip bone" sort of thing.
It's a bitch that we've reached the age where we have a life time of experience and knowledge, but most of us are considered 'Un hire-able." For what ever reason.
Strength to you and yours and keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Thanks, Torchie. I've been going to PT for the foot, and they have been doing something called "dry needling" It feels like they jab a 16 penny nail attached to an air chisel into my heel then hit the trigger for a minute or two. In reality, I do believe they use acupuncture needles. I honestly believe this is what set off the back and neck problems. During these sessions, I have hold of the table I'm lying on so tight I feel it might come apart in my hands. I have every muscle in my body tensed, teeth clenched to keep me from whimpering. In short, it's really painful. The neck spasms started after one of the sessions, and moved into my back and shoulders over a period of twelve hours, lasting for over a week. I finally got some relief from my doctor in the form of muscle relaxers. Things are much better now. I can blink an eye without yelling. :D Seriously, the neck is still tender, but I'm much better than I was two days ago. I'll do everything I can for the fasciiitis, but no more needling.

Holy Moly, Larry, You didn't need all this crap falling on you. A real test of your inner strength. A man with the nickname of "Animal" is no doubt tough. If you need a reference for a job, have them call me...

Thanks, Bman...we can actually buy a used modular or trailer and set it up cheaper than it would be to repair the old adobe house...and even if we fix it, there's no guarantee it won't fail in a different place later. We're pretty committed at this point to find something else to put on our land. It sucks a bunch, because we spent so much time and money completely remodeling the interior last year. Oh well. I appreciate the kind words.

Purchase and placement of a pre owned HUD certified manufactured home is a great option. I'm seeing some projects here coming in at just under $30 per foot not including land costs. The key is your jurisdiction and what the code folks will allow.

Holy Moly, Larry, You didn't need all this crap falling on you. A real test of your inner strength. A man with the nickname of "Animal" is no doubt tough. If you need a reference for a job, have them call me...

Thanks for the support, Bob! It is sincerely appreciated.

Purchase and placement of a pre owned HUD certified manufactured home is a great option. I'm seeing some projects here coming in at just under $30 per foot not including land costs. The key is your jurisdiction and what the code folks will allow.

We live in a little town of 70 people, and the rules are pretty lax, compared to a lot of places. We have room to set something up while still living in the damaged house, so I'll do all I can legally before getting the pros to do their stuff and get inspections done.

Just a comment from a PT frequent flyer....
If what they are doing hurts you. You need to tell them.
It's not being a whimp. Most of my therapists have been good but I did have one once that was doing some stuff to me. When I told him it hurt he made a off hand comment about my complaining. I got up off the bench and told him to trade places with me and I would give HIM something to complain about.
When I went back next week. He was gone and I had a new therapist.
Stay strong, Brother.
Torchie

I agree with Torchie. If treatment causes pain like that you need walk out... :rolleyes: :D j/k, you know what I mean... :)

Sorry to read about your condition... :(

Just a comment from a PT frequent flyer....
If what they are doing hurts you. You need to tell them.
It's not being a whimp. Most of my therapists have been good but I did have one once that was doing some stuff to me. When I told him it hurt he made a off hand comment about my complaining. I got up off the bench and told him to trade places with me and I would give HIM something to complain about.
When I went back next week. He was gone and I had a new therapist.
Stay strong, Brother.
Torchie

As a rule, I agree. I once walked straight from a treatment room to the boss's office to complain about a PT newbie who refused to stop doing something that was very painful and, in my eyes, wrong. The newb said I was being a "baby" and repeated the tired old line "No pain, no gain."
Needless to say, I have a different therapist after that, and never saw the newbie again.

That said, everyone warned me that this 'dry needling" would be very painful. It supposedly yields good results, so I figured I'd go with it. I'm pretty tolerant of pain, so I thought it'd be uncomfortable, but not horrible. It was horrible. As I stated earlier, I had a death-grip on the table with both hands, and every muscle in my body was on full alert. I went through it three different times, waiting for the miraculous effects to take lace, but after the third and most painful treatment, The muscle and nerve spasms in my neck and back convinced me that there would not be a fourth treatment.

So it's back to stretching and massage, heat and ice, until I find a combination that works.

Larry sorry to hear all this crap at one time. I'll send all good vibs I can till i hear better news.
Good luck with the PT, i've not had good luck with them. :cool:

Well heck Larry. Sorry to hear all this but glad you let us know about it. Will be looking for some good news in the near future. Apple cider vinegar is good for inflammation. I get it in pill form and take one every day for arthritis in my hands. Eliminated 90% of my pain.

Well heck Larry. Sorry to hear all this but glad you let us know about it. Will be looking for some good news in the near future. Apple cider vinegar is good for inflammation. I get it in pill form and take one every day for arthritis in my hands. Eliminated 90% of my pain.

Right you are e-man, inflammation is linked to a lot of things in the body and people that treat their inflammation tend to see relief for a lot of ailments.

What brand/dosage apple cider pills do you use,
Eman?

Front Suspension re-Redux

I fabricated/welded some 1/4" steel plates into the bottom of the spring buckets on the lower control arms. I also replaced all the balljoints and tie rod ends with Moog units. After some trial and error, I got the Viking coilovers installed, adjusted, and set for ride height.

I took the car for a drive around town, and for a short trip on the highway and on a rough dirt road. It drives straight, and everything seems ok. I have an appointment in a couple weeks for an alignment, unless they get a cancellation.

It still looks like I'll need to sell the car to help fund home repairs/replacement. A Navy buddy wants to do a Go fund me to save the car, but I'm not inclined to have others bail me out of jams.

I've posted a few pics for your viewing pleasure.😁

Attachments

• IMG_20190719_104449889.jpg
    IMG_20190719_104449889.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20190719_111214905.jpg
    IMG_20190719_111214905.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20190719_150250388.jpg
    IMG_20190719_150250388.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190724_131355440_HDR.jpg