Hello from Wyoming

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpr51frd

Picked up this 51 Ford F-1 Five star a few months ago for a song and now trying to decide which direction to go. It WILL be flat black but trying to decide if i want to do partial restore by replacing bed and fenders or just embrace the rustic-ness and leave it as is. The only problem is that it has been so screwed up there is no way a tailgate would ever fit. I have all the stock chrome and a plus is an extra Flathead v8 for it motor. He had everything minus body parts to restore the truck completely. What do you guys think. I purchased it to turn it into a rat rod but not sure how far i should go.
393279_2251629972065_132800306_n.jpg

Welcome to the triple R! Truck looks beautiful as is, I'd drive it like you stole it and then some! Enjoy and good catch. [cl

Beercan

paint?

think of it this way;

drive it like it is and enjoy the heck outta it:D

because;

once it its painted ya can never go back to the cool color/patina it has now.

Later

thanks for the welcome and the input. I actually like the way it is but the wife is not so keen. im thinking i will just throw all the chrome on it and run it. It actually purrs like a kitten. I bought it from an old guy in town here that is an extreme motorhead. He pulled apart the motor when he got it and precision ground the cams and balanced the crank so it runs like a dream. It is a stock Flat V8 with a mustang carb. It also has a 2 piece drive shaft and a ford 9" rear end. It has a 4 speed crashbox in it now but it also came with a spare synchronized 4 speed in pieces that i am trying to piece back together for a little more drive ability. Ill try to take a few more pics of the beast and post them up tonight.

If the wife doesn't like the patina she probably won't want to drive it , and thats not a bad thing is it? Because all of us men know that women can't drive nearly as well as we can. If the ladies don't believe it, all they have to do is ask us,
we would never lie to our wives or girlfriends would we?

I say drive it like it is, that is one fine looking truck!

Welcome man.....

I must be singing the wrong song....I never find deals like that..by the way, how much is a song???? :D Nice to have ya here!!

SO! new update. I have secured a 7.3 powerstroke that will be replacing my flathead. Its time to start cutting and welding.

Hello,welcome to RRR..... thats a pretty clean truck you should go out on a Sunday drive in it and find a cab "they are all around you" for scrap and let that be ur hauler with a "better motor" and find your wife a rat rod :D

Latest posts

Back