Fenderless Trucks on 50's chassis???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Hey all!! Man I havent been on here in forever...

Anyways, I was at a local hot rod meet this last weekend and saw a little fenderless rod that looked like it was on an early 50s truck shassis of some kind, maybe F-1. It retained to parallel leafs in front and rear, and had a 30s/40s cab of some sort... I've seen a lot of these little pick ups, but never one with a suspension set up like that. And I'll be damned if it didn't look killer!! Really nice proportions overall, like a hot rod was meant to have!

So my question is (and I know theyre is already a thread on "bobber/rudy" trucks) can you guys post some pics of fenderless trucks with parallel leafs in front? I'd like to see more of them, as I'm now planning on building one!!

here is one I built.

Attachments

• 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 84
  • 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 64
That thing is crazy awesome!! The grill kind of reminds me of a Citron, except not slow and French LOL!

Any other contenders??? Hopefully rhe truck that is inspiring me will be at the local meet Saturday so I can snap a pic of it... In the mean time I wanna see more of these trucks with those leaves up front!!!

Dude thats judt sooo kool in soooo many ways. RR
thanks man. been watching your build.

I generally think AD trucks are way too new to be fenderless but I must say that is a well executed build. I like it. Having the hood makes it. Nice work on the grill, looks like a lot of thought and some top notch fab work on it.
I don't know about the top notch fab work, but I defiantly scratched my head many times, figuring out where it was headed. glad you like it!

it would look a lot better if you lowered it lmao ! she looks good man slammed and chopped n channeled !!
amazingly, it's not channeled. thanks

ratrod2010.jpg

Hi Everyone I have attached a photo of my fenderless 1952/53 from my garage photos. It has the front disc brakes and a 6 cylinder motor out of a Chevy Nova in it now. I have more pictures at my home PC. We are lacking only some basic wiring now. I am hoping to get back to work on it in the spring monthes(2013)
MikeC

Blacksheeps truck comes to mind..Wonder what happened to him, he was almost finished with his homebuilt bucket..

1123001500a.jpg

Hey Blacksheep, I love your truck. I show people pictures of your truck when they come over. There are a lot of cool things going on there. Door top grill and hood treatment are my favourites.

Gold03

Latest posts

Back