spark plug gap ...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

Toyotas..

apparently the plug gap is supposed to around 17 thou... I can attest to the fact that the dam thing still runs with a gap of 55 thou +

recently ive noticed abit of top end rattle at low revs ... after a some thought may brain said check the plugs .. the corolla has done nearly 260000km ~having never checked the plugs since 126000km when I bought it...

in my youth a hacksaw blade measured 25thou, good for most plugs and you knew pretty quick if the gap was a little big or too small ,, reckon that's more than 2 blades!!

got to laugh a bit ...

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 29
Yeah, that looks to be a little much! :D With today's electronic ignition, you can get away with it longer than when we had points. Back then, .035 was normal, now .055 is normal for some engines.

I think you got your moneys worth out of those for sure![cl

DR C .. broke out the wire wheel gave those plugs a bit of a tickle up ~ reset the gap and chucked em back in ..

as we say down under " She'll be right " seemed to run ok ..

Bama.. they good for a few thousand more,, after cleaning them up they looked like new !

then I pulled that dam beeper out that lets you know when your going backwards or the door is open .. reckon I can work those things out myself...:D

Latest posts

Back