just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rut row!!! o_O

Torque.jpg

BoB

How is that even possible? Unreal. Jim
Big HP. Big traction. High rpm. Sudden shock. They all take out the weakest point, in this case (and probably the last case), the driveshaft was the weak point. This is the kind of stuff that rips apart chassis, busts transmission cases, and rear axle housings.

When the entire weight of the truck is on the rear tires, and 1000+ HP is released suddenly, all at one time, something has to happen. You find the weakest part. Once that drive shaft started twisting, it didn't stop until it lost tooth engagement with the transmission (or transfer case) output shaft splines and fell out of it.

It probably didn't take more then a couple seconds!

Its all fun and games until you are the guy that has to pay to fix it.

I read an article last night about the house. I guess they wanted to build some thing else on the property and instead of knocking the houses down they moved them. I'll see if I can find the article. Jim

When I was a kid back in Oklahoma, we often saw houses going down the road. Always had a guy riding on top, with a pole to push up the power lines. But I don't think I ever saw a two story one going through. Common house style was 'ranch' (single level). You want to leave room over the top for the tornadoes to go over.

Latest posts

Back