Health issues. long story

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

42chevy

Rustier Rat Rodder
So I used to be way more active here and am trying to return to that, you guys are great. I have been having pain and numbness in my neck,arms, hands and legs for over a year. I went to a neurologist and neurosurgeon after numerous mri scans and tests they found constriction in my neck around the nerves and a fluid filled cyst inside my upper back. They both said that these issues would not cause my symptoms and the neurologist said it may be Parkinsons and ordered nerve conduction studies. Closest appointment was five months out and no answers. My legs dont work right and I have tremors in my hands.

I had an independent orthopedic doctor review my case and he said that both of these things are the cause of my symptoms and was alarmed that they downplayed the seriousness of both things. The cyst is large and eventually will paralyze my legs. I have had to give up doing many of the things I used to love to do but have been learning new things like oil painting and patience. I have had to let go of my 42 Chevy to survive but we are warm and fed. I am hopeful something can be done to slow or stop these things, I have lost 20 pounds of upper body muscle despite activity. I am 48 and it has been hard to adjust to my limitations but I am coming to terms with it. I am happy and have more peace than I ever have had so just venting and hopeful for some answers. Thanks for listening

hang in there, our thoughts are with you, cool thing about the board is we all have problems and help each other through them, just listening can help a lot. we seem to be the best bunch on the web:)

Later :cool:

Last edited:
One thing about the members of Undead Sleds is we truly care.
I'm sorry you're having trouble at such a young age.

What's the situation with the cyst? Can it be removed or is it around the nerves? Lot of information on Google, you just have to sort thru it and compare what you read. I recently learned i have high sugar and found usefull info.
Good luck to you and thanks for letting us know 42.

I hope you find the best treatment for the problem. Keep searching. I needed some tricky heart surgery that no one would do til I went to the Mayo Clinic. There, my problem was handled with ease.

Appreciate you wanting to share your story 42. A lesson to us all about how fragile life can really be, and that we shouldn't miss a day while we are here and healthy. Good luck to you, I hope that something can be done to relieve the progress. I'll keep you in my thoughts.....

Thanks guys, the cyst is inside my spinal cord and may be able to be drained but unable to remove it. I had a stimulator implant in my spine to control pain about ten years ago and I think they damaged my spinal cord when it was removed but not sure what caused the cyst. I finally got approved for disability and the hearing judge is putting a rush on my Medicare to try to get me help. Much less stress now that I can financially survive, hard on a working man to have to not work but I can't anymore. Have a great day!

Many of us are dealing with health issues and it is never easy on you or your family.
As has been said the internet can be a great resource in aiding in your fight but be sure that you use credible sources like the Mayo or Cleveland clinic as there is also a lot of misinformation out there.
I have always told my daughters that there are two people you have to trust. Your Dr and your car mechanic. If you don't look for new ones .
My Drs. don't always tell me what I'd like to hear, but after 20 years of standing with me during my many health issues I trust them.
Peace and strength to you and your family
Torchie

My thoughts go out too you. I hope you find some relief. I going through this aging proccess not so gracefully. Right now I,m out of work with horrible back pain and it's driving me nuts too not be able to work. Get well soon.

I go in next week for nerve conduction tests on my neck and arms to see what is wrong with my hands. I have been doing terrible trying to adjust to my limitations, I am slow and my hands don't work right anymore. It is so difficult to not be able to do what I used to. It took me two days to change the alternator and serpentine belt and pulleys on my wife's car. I found a large pimple like thing on my privates last night, I can't win for losing lately. Just venting and worried about having something worse than just neck problems. I hurt my back bad in 2000 so can deal with the pain. Hoping its not Parkinson's or ALS, Could be one of those from what the Dr said. Please keep me in your prayers

Hang tough.
My limitations seem to grow everyday, but everyday I get up and keep on keeping on.
Took me 30 minutes to get a nut on a bolt last week. No feeling in my hands or fingers. It gets frustrating......
Torchie

I guess most of us on here know the drill and how to deal with it when things dont work how they used to... but going down hill and not knowing why, really sucks.
good luck with the tests and stay positive.

Thoughts and prayers for you Buddy....

Yeah it's scary but it sounds like this doc has his stuff together... keep the faith brother....we're all pulling for you....

Latest posts

Back