Why you shouldn't tow newer cars backwards!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Didn't get a picture but & I've never towed a car backwards before. On my way back from town today I saw a guy on the side of the road dragging the plastic fascia from a newer car. As I passed him I saw his truck & he had 2 cars on his trailer... the car on the back was missing that part! Hope he wasn't doing that for pay!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Lost a hood off of a pickup on a trailer one time. It wasn't bolted down, just laid on it and we didn't notice. Didn't know when we lost it, and never did find it. :eek: Just hope nobody caught it with their windsheild! Never did hear about any freak wreaks caused by a flying hood, so I guess we are still safe! :D

A couple years ago I was hauling a 1935 Ford pickup home. Stopped off at a cafe for a burger, didn't even notice the pickup bed was gone. Down the road a ways stopped to pee and noticed it gone. Back tracked to the cafe, nothing so went on home. Called the Montana highway dept. next morning and they had r
dragged it off the road, six miles up from the cafe. It was full of valuable 30s Ford parts and everything was still there.
Morale of story is never trust anyone else to strap things down. Turns out my buddy had strapped over the bed to the trailer and the suspension jouncing let the strap go.
Oh, and never haul snow machines backwards or the windshield will blow away.

Last edited:
Fuel pump on my pickup went a while back, in tank pump....Had to get it towed home. Tow truck towed it backwards. One of my window air deflectors was missing. I got a deal on the tow, so let it go....wasnt fussy on them anyways

Latest posts

Back