Getting ready for Texas winter!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
It's been like fall here... 50's at night & 70-80's in the day but all that's supposed to change next week & be cold & raining... time to spread rye grass seeds. Spread 200 lbs this eve & will spread 200 more in the morn! Cows love the stuff!!!

BoB

Attachments

• IMG_8284.jpg
    IMG_8284.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 37
What are they gettin for rye grass seed your way Tripper? I just buried my pool and was considering rye grass for a quick cover. I haven't checked here yet.

Thanks Tripper! Yeah, I'll follow up with other seed later. Out here I'll have to cover with straw or hay after casting or the birds will do away with on short order. Once the rye gets going I'll throw something else. I'm looking for some bulk seed around here and it's getting increasingly harder to find anything.

Tripper, it's too late for us to get ready for winter, it's already here. That looks like a 4000 Ford you've got there and my daughter has got her grandfathers [my Dads] 5000 Ford so it looks the same. The b&w picture is Dad cutting hay in about 1968 and the colour one is in 2013.

Attachments

• Iain on 5000.jpg
    Iain on 5000.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 34
Tripper, it's too late for us to get ready for winter, it's already here. That looks like a 4000 Ford you've got there and my daughter has got her grandfathers [my Dads] 5000 Ford so it looks the same. The b&w picture is Dad cutting hay in about 1968 and the colour one is in 2013.

MM,
It's my neighbor's tractor, I have a Ford 8N. Love the picture of your Dad mowing... old Fords run forever! :D

BoB

Dr. Crank, you're going to have a very tough time believing an honest Ford guy, but I happen to know that, that muffler is a fifty year old factory muffler and it doesn't need replacing yet. I haven't looked around for another muffler.

Yep, Rye grass! It'll grow at any temp. Used to have to put it down in the winter when building homes to stabilize the soil.

Latest posts

Back