Drewski's 55 F100 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55 F100 build.........

Since I've had knee surgery, I thought I'd post a few photos of the latest on the F100.

I tried to at least hang all the loose body parts back on the truck so they don't get damaged laying around the shop.

Buildphotos010.jpg

Buildphotos009-1.jpg

Buildphotos011.jpg

It's nice to see all the parts hanging back on the truck.

Drewski

Got a chance today to pull my truck outside in the sun light for the first time since last summer. I thought it would be a good opportunity to snap a few pictures. I haven't seen it from a distance since I set the bed back on the frame. I haven't done anything to it in a while due to knee surgery. Hope to get back at it soon.

spring2010020.jpg

spring2010026.jpg

spring2010004.jpg

spring2010006.jpg

Drewski

Very cool truck Drewski.
Did you ever figure out how to put a hitch on, and hide it while not in use? I just thought about it as I was looking back through the thread, Maybe an old style flip up tag mount on the rear (like a nova) and have the hitch hide there...

Just a thought..

Man your truck is going to be nasty
great job fab work on the bed blows my mind
I love the seat belt buckle trick awesome

I'm gonna steal that tail gate latch idea and my tail gate will be suspiciously simular. Nice work! I like them old Fords

Very cool truck Drewski.
Did you ever figure out how to put a hitch on, and hide it while not in use? I just thought about it as I was looking back through the thread, Maybe an old style flip up tag mount on the rear (like a nova) and have the hitch hide there...

Just a thought..

I'm still thinking about the hitch. I won't be able to exit the hitch through the license plate area. Too many things in the way.

IMG_02031.jpg

In this photo you can see the crossmember, and the studs that are hanging down from it that hold the gas tank straps. All of that is in front of the recessed license plate.

I own a Mazda Miata which has a receiver hitch that is hidden and it may hold the solution for my truck. The draw bar is a really curvy piece, but it slips right in to the receiver and works great.

I really appreciate the tip about the flip down plate..........and thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

Drewski

I've been out of the loop on my build for the last six months due to surgery on my knee. I'm beginning to get back in the garage and put in a little time working on my truck.

I've decided that I don't want to use the ribbed running boards that I have for my truck, so I've set out to build some smooth boards. I also want to run the exhaust tips out through the boards.

I started out by building a masonsite pattern running board to get ideas on dimension.

May2010052.jpg

May2010048.jpg

After I got the pattern to fit, I cut metal blanks and had my local sheet metal shop fold a 90 degree angle for the outside edge. I used my pattern to layout the shape on the metal blanks.

P1010236.jpg

Now for some cutting and welding.

P1010238.jpg

P1010244.jpg

P1010247.jpg

P1010253.jpg

P1010255.jpg

P1010256.jpg

P1010257.jpg

Now I have to come up with the mounting system and finish building the back side of the boards that match up to the bedside and the raised section under the cab.

More later..

Drew

oards

man your truck is awesome ......love the running boards you can find the brackets that bolt to the frame on ebay sometime if not midfifties

I haven't posted any progress lately due to other things in life happening. I did get the running boards a little further along. I made mounting plates that I bolted to the stock board brackets, got my boards positioned, and tack welded the mounting plates to them.

P1010268.jpg

P1010356.jpg

I decided to run my exhaust out through the running boards, mainly because I like the look, but also because it would be really tight trying to get them out the back. I formed a ring that would define the opening and make it stronger when welded in.

P1010329.jpg

P1010325.jpg

P1010340.jpg

A little filler to blend everything in and some primer.

P1010365.jpg

P1010354.jpg

Drewski

i built some smooth running boards for a chevy a while back. i will post up some pics for some added inspiration even though it looks like your about done with them. looking pretty good so far
Picture448.jpg

Picture450.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture144-1.jpg

Picture145-1.jpg

love your tail light choice, been thinking around the same thing but most i find are plastic. wanted three on each side with the thunderbird sequensal (spelling) flasher. will look for the glass ones now i know they are out there.

[cl

Attachments

• untitledtl.bmp
    174 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back