'36 Ford Truck (Trey's Truck)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job guys. Mine is getting closer to making noise. Hopefully by the end of the summer. So many distractions!

Hey Skip, hope yours is making some noise!

Trey and I are getting ready for Houston's best show and one of the last for this season, The Houston Burnout. Trey and his truck will also be featured in an article in our local Houston Chronicle news paper this Thursday. Heidi VanHorne asked us if she could do a little write up and we were both surprised. So to get ready to take some photos tomorrow morning we have been busting our humps.

We took off the Model A tail lights and put on some '50 Pontiacs. I brought home the Greenlee hole puller set and added some more "Speed Holes" too.

image_zpsac51ae55.jpg

image_zps34be253d.jpg

image_zps12f595e7.jpg

Famous now?

Congratulations guys! It is great you have gotten recognition for a job well done. I like the red oxide (suede?) and the tailpan/tailight treatment. Looks good.
My truck is put away for the winter. I may start working on the headers/intake this winter. I have to finish a '38 Chev sedan project (floors) for a customer first.
Can't wait to see what you do next. "Keep on truckin"

Steve

Quick update. Trey is getting ready for the Hotrod HoDown and the Round-Up so he bought some Firestones for the front and Firestone Cheater Slicks for the back. As soon as he get them mounted we'll post a pic or two. He got a job as an apprentice electrician so he's got some coin in his pocket!!

We found a youtube video on how to mount tires using a plastic trash bag and man did it make it easy to mount a tire at home!
image_zpsearuufqn.jpg

image_zpsbxprxfl9.jpg

image_zpsgth3ferw.jpg

You ain't kidding! That was a couple of Trey's paychecks right there. We can't believe how it changed the truck from "Friendly Neighborhood Hot Rod" to "Makes Children Cry" with just a tire change!

Latest posts

Back