26 ford coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its chopped and tack welded in

Attachments

• 2013-03-04_17-33-46_44.jpg
    2013-03-04_17-33-46_44.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 69
I took out 8 inches i like the way it looks i almost took 9 1/2 inches but i am 6' 1" i have just about 2" of head room with a 8 inch chop. If i went 9 1/2 it would have looked good but would not give me enough head room.

Finally got the top welded all the way around that is a lot of work. I am going to get a roof off a station wagon this weekend. It is big enough to make 2 in case i screw up. It will be a hard top. after the roof is done i will start on the frame.

Temp hasent been real bad last couple days yesterday was 37 today was 38. Not warm by any means but not unbearable. Besides i have more motivation to stay on this than any other build i have ever done. I have wanted a old ford coupe since i was 5 or 6 years old and saw american graffiti with my dad. I am 41 now so thats a long time to want something. I am really enjoying this build the guy i got the body from was doing this stuff in the fifties and sixties. He has also been my go to guy with ideas and questions. I also appreciate all the comments and words of encouragement from all you guys.

Didnt get anything done so far this weekend got a piece of metal in my eye yesterday had to get it removed at the e r this morning eye is uncomfortable as hell right now

Man, the chop is PERFECT! Props for building in the snow... I would be sitting in the house, looking at it through the window... or, building it in the living room! Lol

Well woke up this morning and the eye is better still a little swollen but i can see out of it and it quit watering. I am going to look at a a model a axle today. I hope to have the roof cut and welded in and the body sitting on a frame by the end of the week. It supposed to be in the forties all week. Since i got this project it has been hard for me not to work on it. If i let my self i would work on it all night after work every night. I have to give some of my time to the wife and kids. I have never had a build get into me like this one it is almost like a addiction that i can stop. Also i am a lineman so i am used to working outside so it doesnt suck working on it in the cold as bad for me as someone who is inside every day. Thànks for watching this build and for the kind words

Got a model a axle, split wish bones and rotors with brake calipers need spindles. Also got a roof off of a van i am going to weld in the top of the t. Want to get the roof on and welded by the weekend. Then start on a frame not sure yet what im going to do as far as the frame goes. Guess i will figure that out this weekend also got a steering column and gear box not sure what it is out of but i have it.

Got spindles should have them by the weekend. I also went and picked up the t frame. I know alot of guys say dont use it but i am. I will box in and x brace the frame if i have to i will put a roll cage in it. my vin number is on my frame and that is why i am using it. I will post some pics this weekend.

Latest posts

Back