'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang grandkids....

Got the crud from the little darlings then it turned into bronchial pneumonia
and thought I was gonna die. Finally starting to get back to about 1/2 strength and able to do something. Seems like it gets harder and longer to get over illnesses any more.

I got the fuel tank mounting finished, battery box made and installed, and the cover/storage box almost done. I got the fuel sending unit calibrated and working after taking it out and reinstalling it about 6 times.

I had to change out the filler cap for something my old arthritic hands could get open. The new one is much better.

Getting closer all the time to the first ride.

Attachments

• IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3469.jpg
    IMG_3469.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3473.jpg
    IMG_3473.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 32
I Hear You

fell on ice last january and i'm still liming. :(
as the old guy once said, old is not for whimms:D

Things are looking good by the way. [cl

slow and easy gets er done :)

Pneumonia is no laughing matter
Good to hear you're on the road to recovery
Fuel tank and all looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanks looking great Pops! Be careful trying to get back into the stream of things. Pneumonia isn't anything to sneeze at!(no pun intended) But if it hits you again trying to get back early it gets pretty dangerous...take care of yourself!

Thanks guys. Three days in the hospital will make you think twice about a few things. I really don't want any more of that crap! Taking it easier and trying to not over do it. I really think part of the problem is breathing all the crap that I do related to the cutting, grinding, paint fumes, sulfuric acid, etc.
I need to pay more attention to air quality in the shop!!!

Tanks looking great Pops! Be careful trying to get back into the stream of things. Pneumonia isn't anything to sneeze at!(no pun intended) But if it hits you again trying to get back early it gets pretty dangerous...take care of yourself!

Pneumonia is no laughing matter
Good to hear you're on the road to recovery
Fuel tank and all looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fell on ice last january and i'm still liming. :(
as the old guy once said, old is not for whimms:D

Things are looking good by the way. [cl

slow and easy gets er done :)

Take care of yourself POPS.
Your are building for the both of us right now.[cl [cl [cl :D
Looking good.
Torchie

Thanks guys. Three days in the hospital will make you think twice about a few things. I really don't want any more of that crap! Taking it easier and trying to not over do it. I really think part of the problem is breathing all the crap that I do related to the cutting, grinding, paint fumes, sulfuric acid, etc.
I need to pay more attention to air quality in the shop!!!
I can help with the sulfuric acid fumes. Wear blue jeans because the fumes are running up the front of your overalls [ddd

I can help with the sulfuric acid fumes. Wear blue jeans because the fumes are running up the front of your overalls [ddd

I do have a real question.
How do you get all the quote boxes in one post ?? I haven't figured this out yet [S

To the right of the button that says quote is a button with quotation marks on it OI. If you put your curser over it, it should say multiple quotes. Click on it an go to the next response you want to quote and repeat
Then when you go to reply they all show up in your response.
Torchie

progress

I spent 1/2 a day getting the windshield regulator freed up and working, 2 broken #10 screws out of the frame and a knob on. The teeth on the operator are pretty bad but I think it will work for a while. Those things are scarce as hens teeth and if you do find one it's really pricey. What a pain in the rear but I think it will be worth it.

I got my switches and power outlet all installed. Ordered a 9+3 Rebel wire harness and gonna start the wiring today.

WOOO HOOO I like wiring!

Attachments

• IMG_3494.jpg
    IMG_3494.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3495.jpg
    IMG_3495.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3477.jpg
    IMG_3477.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3490.jpg
    IMG_3490.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3497.jpg
    IMG_3497.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3493.jpg
    IMG_3493.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 39
I couldn't really see the teeth on the regulator, but can you braze material onto the teeth and file the teeth to the original contour?

Or maybe you could plasma cut a new gear.

I wish I was doing wiring. That's my favorite part.

Everything is looking great.

I couldn't really see the teeth on the regulator, but can you braze material onto the teeth and file the teeth to the original contour?

Or maybe you could plasma cut a new gear.

I wish I was doing wiring. That's my favorite part.

Everything is looking great.

Thanks. I thought about both those ideas and I will have to do something
down the road. Its working for now so I'm going to run with it.

WOOO HOOO is right Pops, I feel ya..... lookin good
[cl[cl[cl

Thanks. Something about the wiring stage that I enjoy.

I remember that fun last fall. I have a second regulator that works OK, at those prices I should try and list it. The gasket that goes around the outside of the windshield frame, I picked up from a power wagon place in Iowa I think. very reasonable. The glass guys did a silicone trick when they put the glass in the frame, I swore like a sailor try to use setting tape. Can't wait to get the chevy done and back on the dodge.

I really liked the rebel harness when I put it in the chevy. But, I like wiring too.

Latest posts

Back