37 Chev Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't sure I was following the idea of the wrap around dash pieces until you showed the pix...that's slicker than greased pig poop man!!![cl

Wasn't sure I was following the idea of the wrap around dash pieces until you showed the pix...that's slicker than greased pig poop man!!![cl
Yes a little hard to explain but the pictures tell the story. Still have to tie in the panel armrest bodyline into the end of the curve. I lost my ability to use the window crank as it is to close to the curve of the dash now. Hoping to fit an electric unit in somehow.:)

56 olds dash

I like the looks.
With the dash in, does the steering wheel take up any room from the driver.
Yes I did give up a few inches for the install. From what I measured most trucks have about 24 inches from the horn Center to the mid seat back. I am at 21. It works for me as my legs are 30 inches. The steering column is from a sun fire.

I had never measured one always went with what felt right mines at 23 with the column colapsed to where it feels comfy

Power window install

Had a frustrating, productive steep learning curve of a weekend. After I realized that my window crank did not have enough clearance to turn, Power windows became my option. I have a pair of doors from a Four runner so those are my donor parts. I have attached pictures, the first try was a fail as the power window motor and drive interfered with travel clearance. I moved the assembly in towards the center of the truck about 3/4 inch to get my clearance. I then cut out a matching tear drop from the one I formed in order to fit the door panel in place. Autoloc makes a crank switch that lets me use my existing window crank handle in the same position. I am traveling to Dallas and Houston this week so hope I can pick one up while away.

Attachments

• DSCN0728.jpg
    DSCN0728.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0732.jpg
    DSCN0732.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0735.jpg
    DSCN0735.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN0736.jpg
    DSCN0736.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN0738.jpg
    DSCN0738.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN0741.jpg
    DSCN0741.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 46
Amazing from where I'm sitting that looks like it was pretty easy:D , I can relate to how frustrating getting the inards of the doors to work properly[cl

Power window install

Amazing from where I'm sitting that looks like it was pretty easy:D , I can relate to how frustrating getting the inards of the doors to work properly[cl
It was frustrating only because I looked at it and thought how hard can it be. Of course I have never attempted this before so my expectation was mud to begin with. I certainly learned how it works now. The other side should be easier.

English Wheel

Princess Auto had a sale one English wheels so I bought one. Never used one but always thought I needed one. My rear fenders fronts as well have numerous dents, tears and creases.
I tried to use a body hammer and dolly but the skin is way to thick for my tools. I fiquired a English wheel might do the trick and yes sirree it did. Pictures attached. I have quite a ways to go but I was very impressed what that machine can do. Looking forward to the rest of the repair with this tool:)

Attachments

• IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 29
Princess Auto had a sale one English wheels so I bought one. Never used one but always thought I needed one. My rear fenders fronts as well have numerous dents, tears and creases.
I tried to use a body hammer and dolly but the skin is way to thick for my tools. I fiquired a English wheel might do the trick and yes sirree it did. Pictures attached. I have quite a ways to go but I was very impressed what that machine can do. Looking forward to the rest of the repair with this tool:)
Nice!
Fenders are overrated, but sometimes we go with them anyway. :D

I haven't even unpacked my e-wheel yet. :rolleyes:

I built an engine test/run stand to accept either an engine/transmission combination or engine bell housing, or engine storage. This unit is made to be able to be stored and takes up a 3x1 foot square space and stands 4.5 feet tall.
The way you see it in storage mode has all the attachments with it. Engine mount supports, radiator supports, battery box, rear engine bell housing support/transmission support, and instrument panel c/w throttle assembly.
I built this because I have run out of wall space to stack against.

Hi Craigger can you provide any more info on this engine test stand. It looks awesome and i would like to build one like it.

Engine test stand

Yes I have most of this weekend off. I will break the stand down and get some detailed pictures and measurements for you. I will post them on the site for everyone. Once you get into it I think there are lots of adaptions depending on your preference. Took me about two weeks of spare time and 500 in steel.

Latest posts

Back