Howdy Folks, another Noob from Central Georgia

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

procharged 79

Got introduced to this site from a member over on Yellow Bullet. While over there, I mentioned that I wanted to rat rod my 67 Impala and in a round about way, I was shown the door, lol. Just kidding, bunch of great folks over there, but this place was recommended to gather ideas.

Anyhow, my name is Rob and I'm a car guy from way back and I'm located in Warner Robins GA. I went to Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run last year and was really impressed with the Rat Rod turn out and the level of sophistication these guys brought. I absolutely loved the innovation these guys used to spin up their creations.

I'm looking forward to hanging out with ya'll and learning the tricks of the trade.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Old Iron, I think you're the one who turned me on to this place, thanks.

I'll get some pic's of the Impala up here real soon. Need to get home from work 1st so I can post from the house computer.

Howdy neighbor,welcome to RRR. Do you ever go to the car show-swap meet in Perry? There is a show on 13+14 this week.

I certainly do. I wont be there this weekend however, I got to go outta town and wont get back until Sunday. I see you're in Augusta? You get down this way often?

Welcome from SoCal.
Late models full body's can be challenging [S
This is my 71 Sprint to give you an idea.
Post some pix of your impala, we like pix [cl

Sprint202-15_zpsvx0w4omv.jpg

Hey 79--I only go there for the shows,I dont know anybody there. I also go to Moultrie Ga. show sometime.That one is next week.

Hey 79--I only go there for the shows,I dont know anybody there. I also go to Moultrie Ga. show sometime.That one is next week.

Yes, I'll be at Moultrie, we're heading down on Saturday. If you go, we can meet up if you like. Hit me with a PM and I'll shoot you my number.

OK, here's what we're working with. A 1967 Impala SS, originally a 327 powerglide, PS, PDB, Air. Now it has a 406 and TH350. Currently I'm in the works of putting together a nice low RPM, high torque 496 that should pull hard up to 5000. Perfect for a street car. I want it to serve double duty as a tow vehicle for my other hot rod which is the 79 Camaro, more on that later.

I know the paint looks good in the pic's but in reality she needs a make over. The paint is 15 years old and starting to show some age.

My initial thoughts are to patina the paint, lower it some (air ride would be awesome but not in the budget at the moment) drop in the big block and install a trailer hitch.

This would not be too big of a distraction from my other project which is this:

That's an older pic shortly after I bought the car. It's been completely gone thru, repainted and is being fitted with this:

That's a blown and injected 540 on gasoline, should be fun. I would love to trailer this with a rat rod Impala. I think it would be cool, whatchya'll think?

welcome to rrr, from bama. no way i would ever rat that impala, but the camaro is a different story.[ddd nice rides.

Another welcome from Bama! [cl You wouldn't happen to know Mike Vaughn would you? He lives in Macon, has a killer green Maverick and some other toys.

That Impala is way too nice to rat out! I would find something else to rat, an old truck or something.

Lower it, steel wheels with spider caps, maybe wide whites, degloss the paint, thin scallops, and your 'racing team' name and logo on the door or quarter panel.

Latest posts

Back