Facet fuel pumps.... thoughts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

ive had 2 Carter M2211's in the last 6 weeks brand new out of the box.. recommeded for a stud-breaker 259/289

niether one's actuator arm could be bothered reaching the cam lobe ( there is one i checked).. SBC fuel pump blanking plate fits perfect on the stude..

now looking at a Facet FEP12SV -electric - ive read Holleys are noisy-

anyone using one of these . like em or loathe em ??

thanks

Been using them for years, I love them! LOTS quieter than a rotary pump like the Holley or Carter. I've used them on lawnmowers, ac generators, a diesel apu on a truck, and several on my cars and pickups. They have never had a problem keeping up with 300 HP, which is about what I estimate my last 302 had. Oh, I forgot, have one on a E350 based motorhome with a 460 cu in engine with a 4bbl, keeps up just fine.

I always try to mount them lower than the tank if I can, that way they don't have to pull as hard, although I have mounted a couple at or above tank level and they did just fine as well. Another good thing is they are pressure rated, low pressure 2-4lbs, higher ones go 4 lbs to about 6 lbs.

Like any other electric pump, if you do a lot of driving you might want to keep a spare in the trunk or glovebox. I know I've gotten 4-5 years service out of them, maybe more.

A friend of mine has ran one on his 41 Chevy for the past 3 Years without any failures.
As inexpensive as they are, I think I'd do what Bama suggested. Like a spare tire.

Latest posts

Back