I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to hear it behaved well.... not to bad a time for it's first time out.... once you get use to it, you'll knock a couple seconds off that ET....

I'm still gathering parts for mine, but hopefully should be able to start on it this winter and have it ready to run by spring....

Last edited:
Congrats Bob, a successful first outing!!! That's awesome.
Nice to hear that it was well received and as much fun as you were hopeing for... '22

here's you next upgrade Bob

BlownSlantsix.jpg

IMG_5504_edited.jpg

I met a guy, "Monk" who had a big camera. We visited about vintage drag racing quite a bit. He took these action shots and posted them on th HA/GR site. Leaving the line!

That is wicked dude ........ glad all went well. Makes me want to run down & do more to my 46 cpe.

Ratty 46

2009_0814trk0002.jpg

My gas tank started leaking through some weld pinholes.:( When I was at the junkyard a few days ago looking for parts for the next project (ahem!), I found this auxillary fuel tank for an outboard motor. I also replaced the Holley pump, which looked too modern, with an inline pump that I hid under the radiator shell. Now working on driving the water pump with a 12 volt motor. That should give me a couple extra horsepower.:D

Earthman, that blown Slant is impressive. I have a turbo in the garage attic...
Seriously though, I do plan on building a 300 HP engine this winter.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. And, I WILL get this thing running faster.:D

Bob, do you have a roll over valve in your fuel tank vent line? If not, the vent tube has to run past the bottom of the tank to prevent fuel coming out in the event of a rollover. The tank looks like it fits right into the theme of the car though.

That thing should fly with 300 HP. Do you know what the car/driver weighs in at? There is some talk of building a couple of similar cars to run at our local track that were inspired by showing some freinds your build thread. Have to wait and see what happens there though.

The action photo makes it look like you're doing 150 mph Bob. Congrats on a job well done. My son has a Slant Six in his 73 Duster and he's begging for me to make some more power for him, so I'll pay attention to your 300 hp hop up. Thanks for documenting the making of your dragster for all to see. I for one certainly enjoyed every episode.

I went to a local ford show last sunday, and saw this. i thought you might like it.

It ran a 7.90 i think he said that morning. its a Y block motor, 352 i think bored out.

DSCF1380.jpg

DSCF1382.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures 71rat..the Y block was never a very popular engine choice, I'll bet that's the only supercharged Y block ever built..kool!

Latest posts

Back