Help IDing this rear section

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACKAZ

I bought this rear section for knaff all. Anyway I've narrowed it etc to suit my chassis. I'm kinda interested in putting a name to it. It had wood in it and had some fold over attaching thingees along the top leading edge. Had metal brackets running top to bottom on rearmost section and they were metal riveted in. I was told it was model a but I'm not convinced. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 86
chevys had wood .. model Ts did ,, I dont think Model A's had wood ... but if you had more of it left to look at.... it would help out alot .. They say thats why there are not a lot of chevys left , because the tin (body Panels ) was nailed to the wood framing and when it fell a part they were not rebuilt very often . My 30 chevy cab is all tin nailed to wood frame.

chevys had wood .. model Ts did ,, I dont think Model A's had wood ... but if you had more of it left to look at.... it would help out alot .. They say thats why there are not a lot of chevys left , because the tin (body Panels ) was nailed to the wood framing and when it fell a part they were not rebuilt very often . My 30 chevy cab is all tin nailed to wood frame.
my 27 was the same
a billion little woodscrews
it was a huge pita to build the steel skeleton for the cowl/doors/cab

Not a 30's Chevy or it would of had a double belt line running around the back about 2 1/2" apart.
26 Chevy was close as I came.

Last edited:
Out of interest I have actually identified the rear section. It is Essex, late 20s vintage, and completely by accident! There was one showed up for sale on New Zealand's TradeMe site (Craigslist style website??) and yep that's it!!!

Latest posts

Back