1931 Ford Model A Pickup Lakester bound

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJunktionMike

Something's wrong with that boy!
Amazing people will trust me [S another parts pile showed up to day. I will be on this one start to finish. No over the top anything on this one, just plain jane salt flat style.

Attachments

• DSC00191re.JPG
    DSC00191re.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 525
  • DSC00195re.JPG
    DSC00195re.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Thanks Guys

Going to be hard not to stray off course, seems to be a hard task for me. Traditional is not part of my vocabulary. So the start pile is a T frame, 37/41 axles, 32 cab and haven't pinpointed the flattie year yet but does have aluminum heads and intake (factory?) Frame is cleaned up, going 3" z on the front, split bones and transverse spring. Quarter elliptical on the rear.

Last edited:
Going to be hard not to stray off course, seems to be a hard task for me. Traditional is not part of my vocabulary. So the start pile is a T frame, 37/41 axles, 32 cab and haven't pinpointed the flattie year yet but does have aluminum heads and intake (factory?)

Just keep watching those Bonneville videos on youtube and you'll get there. :)

Looks like a fun build! [P

Going to be hard not to stray off course, seems to be a hard task for me. Traditional is not part of my vocabulary. So the start pile is a T frame, 37/41 axles, 32 cab and haven't pinpointed the flattie year yet but does have aluminum heads and intake (factory?) Frame is cleaned up, going 3" z on the front, split bones and transverse spring. Quarter elliptical on the rear.

How many head studs does the flat head have Mike. I'm thinking 21?
If it is an early enough one some of them did come with stock aluminum heads. I also believe that Canadian heads were aluminum.
This link may help you.
Torchie.
http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/flathead_specifications.htm

Definitely a pile of parts worth putting together. That is an A frame though, not T. The factory aluminum heads point to early 21-stud. Looking good so far...

Yep BED, model A frame for sure.

Well after mocking up the engine, the steering box, cross steer link, front end and grill I found out real quick that I have 10 pounds of stuff going into a 5 pound bucket.

Latest posts

Back