'35 Ford 1 1/2 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turned the trailer into a pile of steel this morning, tried to be as quiet as possible since I started at 8am. Spindles are junk, but it had juice brake backing plates with the wide 5 drums, so it turns out to be a '38.

Last edited:
Yeah they are pretty hard to find, I had only seen 1 other bed on craigslist in the past year.

got some steel in from speedymetals.com. Decided to change it up and do a suicide perch with a tubular front crossmember. It wasn't low enough with a traditional one. 3/16" wall 3" OD DOM tubing.

Last edited:
got the front end mounted, going to get the new tires and engine in before everything is welded solid. a couple of hours here and there, finally feeling like i'm making some progress.[cl

almost a roller

Last edited:
still working

Doesn't look like much progress, but I'm still going.
my garage is crowded. have to move a bunch of stuff just to start working.

busted the old tires off the wheels. this is harder than it looks. woodys wheel works mounted the new coker tires for me.

Donor car, my old 71. Got totaled while parked in front of my house by an inattentive driver. 350 and a posi rear end!

yoink!

The rear of the frame was too rusty to save, so it got replaced with new steel and a step notch.

finalized the engine position

welded in mounts from welderseries.com

Changed my mind yet again and went to a spring behind setup. I should have went "moar low" from the start. Cut off the stock steering arms since they hit the axle, got some new ones from speedway. Going to strip and shape them to blend in with the old stuff. Steering is going to be fun, got bmw2002tii steering box to make it work.

Last edited:
I am doing RHD just for fun. I went to Japan and all of the american hot rods there are left hand drive, so I thought I'd do the opposite lol.

after switching to a spring behind setup, I needed to roll it outside to look at it. its a bit of a pain because my driveway is steep, but I have a small winch to help. cardboard bed to visualize. I think I like it so far, now to setup the pedals and steering. It's going to have a heavy rake on flat ground :D

1460308821.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1460308885.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1460308921.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks good. Not to high on the sides though i think [S spokes on the rear also[S

I hear you on the steep driveway, i hate mine to pieces :mad:

I'm hoping that I'll actually get my chop done one of these days so that I can move on to fun stuff like frame and running gear! It really does feel like it takes forever sometimes but you gotta just keep on it! Looking really good so far[cl

That Canada Customs truck is one that I look at from time to time too.

I really like this one too:

14.Web.Billys36RatRod.jpg

Latest posts

Back