37 toy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankthebigdog

Ok fellas, I am officially crazy...according to my lovely wife. I haven't even finished the Aurburn yet and I just had to find something to do besides body work.
I have started on a 37 chevy P/U cab to be put on a custom built frame with a 6 in drop front axle. I had to do a little modification to the cowl to accommodate a fat guy, so here it is.........I added 16 in.to the front of it and am going to channel it on the frame.
I am in the process of putting together a 350 with a 303/313 lunati cam and a 142 weiand supercharger as a power plant. So far, that is the plan and it might change in mid stream. I just had to build something.

so, "Hi, my name is Hankthebigdog and I am addicted to rust".[;)

Attachments

• 1937 blower truck 022.jpg
    1937 blower truck 022.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 1937 blower truck 024.jpg
    1937 blower truck 024.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 112
ok fellows, a little update........
I put a drop axle under the little darling the last couple of days. It aint much but with the block in the machine shop I am kind of at a stand still. Got the blower and parts waiting to be bolted on her but I have to stay focused {Oh look, a squirrel...}
I am juggling the paint and body work on the auburn around the weather and all the Christmas stuff at school.
Oh well ADDDDDDDDDDDHHHD stuff gets in the way sometimes, but I am never bored.....I think.
thanks for letting me be a part of the group.....even if I think I am crazy....sometimes, I think....?[S [cl

Attachments

• drop axle3.jpg
    drop axle3.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 76
  • drop axle.jpg
    drop axle.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 70
  • drop axle2.jpg
    drop axle2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 69
This is only my opinion but I'm convinced that them women have got it all wrong.They have no idea what crazy really looks, sounds or acts like.
But if it makes them happy and they stay out of the shop let them think what ever they want to .

Looks like the start of another cool ride. Stay after it.

Just a little more today......MOCK UP.....
I had a buddy stop by today and we sat the cab onto the frame. With help and some contemplating, here is what my idea has evolved into. thus far. Due to random brain farts, this could change at any time. But for now, here ya go. [cl

Attachments

• rat truck 37 001.jpg
    rat truck 37 001.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 59
  • rat truck 37 002.jpg
    rat truck 37 002.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 58
  • rat truck 37 003.jpg
    rat truck 37 003.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 61
Moving in the right direction. What's the hold up on the drive train?
Patience is not one of my strong points. I want to see the blower motor!!!!!

Pops, I know the feeling. I am waiting on the machine shop to call and say " come get this pile of...." and I can put something together that resembles a blower unit.
Drive train....well the drive train is "almost" done...kind of. All parts in the floor waiting on some one to finish what they started.
Christmas and work parties are all over rated and steal valuable shop time, but wifey says "You are going with me, whether you like it or not. Its just one time each year."....Now you know the 'rest of the story'.[cl

another update......
I had some time the last couple of days, so I tried to get something accomplished.
Saturday morning I picked up the engine at the machine shop and got it home. I got most of it put together except for the intake and blower unit and the add ons. I need to get the motor mounts and cross member put in, but I only have one motor mount pad [Jegs only sent one and is rushing the other first of the week they say. ]
I did get the rear end mounted, the frame lengthened and welded up though.
I got some more to do as time allows around the kids and Christmas, but here are a couple of pics to satisfy the followers of the build. [P

Attachments

• rat truck 001.jpg
    rat truck 001.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 45
  • rat truck 002.jpg
    rat truck 002.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 39
  • rat truck 003.jpg
    rat truck 003.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 43
got the motor mounts in and the trans mount built. We sat the motor in and added the "Christmas Present" to the pic. It won't be long now til we hear her rumble.
[ok guys, I am excited about a blower, so just smile with me, ok?][cl

Attachments

• rat rod truck ii 002.jpg
    rat rod truck ii 002.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 43
  • rat rod truck ii 001.jpg
    rat rod truck ii 001.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back