Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no Ford expert but wasn't the F250 a 3/4 T ? Wouldn't that be an 8 lug? I'm hoping you get one that is truly a 9" that somebody swapped in...

The truck is a heinz 57. Many different shapes and parts on this truck.... Kid claims that his dad put it in and that it has a 2:73 gear ratio in it. But like I said I have not seen it. There has not been any money exchanged yet. Haven't even measured width on it yet. If it is not a 9" I don't want it.

Ford truck 9" will have 5 on 5.5" wheel bolt pattern. Probably have at least 3:00 gears, probably more like 3:55 or 4:10. If you can get a socket on the lower carrier bolt, it's a 8" instead of a 9".

Ford truck 9" will have 5 on 5.5" wheel bolt pattern. Probably have at least 3:00 gears, probably more like 3:55 or 4:10. If you can get a socket on the lower carrier bolt, it's a 8" instead of a 9".

Thanks for the tip. Never made it over there in the last few days. Maybe this week some time.

Started putting a little more together yesterday to get a better look at it.

IMG_20140805_204515_774_zpszhmhwmoq.jpg

Got the motor on the stand Saturday night. Then pulled the heads off last night.

IMG_20140809_222938_057_zpstlxu2bcr.jpg

IMG_20140810_191612_059_zpsuk9nwv8l.jpg

She's pretty rough. Not sure it can be bored far enough to clean it out. The upsetting part is the old guy was wrong. It has the smaller chamber heads on it by the numbers which means it was the higher compression model..... bummer :(

Well my buddy has a 350 block he said I could use. Or maybe......... I might scoop up an LS motor and trans. that could be fun. For now, I have not given up hope on this until a shop says it can't be bored enough. With calipers it says it is still a stock bore.

I havent gave up yet.... still have hopes. Really want to use this motor. Especially after I found out the goodies about that motor. Also I looked more in to that axle previously mentioned. It is in fact a 9". But I passed the deal because I didn't want to have to narrow it.

Started acquiring some parts to make use of. One of the things I am most proud of though is a set of fender skirts from deBay. The only other originalish part I am looking for is a visor and maybe some spots.... Still haven't figured out my taillight dilemma though since the idea I have and like nobody else does....

Started acquiring some parts to make use of. One of the things I am most proud of though is a set of fender skirts from deBay. The only other originalish part I am looking for is a visor and maybe some spots.... Still haven't figured out my taillight dilemma though since the idea I have and like nobody else does....

Did we miss something?
What tail light idea do you have? Stop being a tease.;)
Torchie.

Well then if you like it. Do it
Unless you are going to build a "Period" style custom like I am use what ever suits your tastes. New or old.
When your buddies build thier cars they can do what they like.:D
Torchie.

The long thin caddy lamps are popular in a long rear fender line. I like them. If you do then go for it

I think I am going to just because I think that it will look good. Even though it wont be period correct, I am not sure I care. It is how I have it pictured. I think it could look pretty nice and clean.

So my fender skirts showed up. And now is when I realize the rear fenders have been reshaped. They are taller than they should be with the wheel well opening.... At least that is all I can come up with on why they don't fit. But oh well, I am sure I can make something happen with that.

Latest posts

Back