1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of the bottom of the wheel, almost finished, I know I've been promising that for a while now but this time it might be the truth.
The second picture is the top side of the wheel, with first coat of body filler.

Attachments

• IMG_2165.jpg
    IMG_2165.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2166.jpg
    IMG_2166.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 23
Looks great.[cl[cl As much as I like sanding, I would have it set up so I could rotate it and use a router with a half round cutter on it and do one side at a time.

Bill M, it will be two coats of flat chocolate with a few coats of clear over that.
Kenny, that would be an excellent idea. I wish I'd have thought of that. That would make the whole circumference the same size. I tried making a sort of lathe but the metal rod going around the perimeter was not really concentric with the steering shaft hole.
I don't do much wood work so I don't have a router, but I sure would like to use one.

On my steering wheel, the body filler has been heaped on many times and all sanded off. So that part is done and one coat of primer is on and sanded, with the second coat applied.

I took the '36 Ford into town tonight to A&W. The new engine worked like a charm, but the clutch has a tic in it. Something is touching the throw-out bearing shifter fork every revolution.

My steering wheel is coming along. The final sanding is done and the first coat of ultra flat camouflage brown is applied. The really big news is that I've been secretly painting my gearshift ball to match the steering wheel. Here they are.

Attachments

• IMG_2168.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2167.jpg
    IMG_2167.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 22
Thank you guys.
Torchie, what you're saying is I got the chocolate colour right, on the shift knob, but the 'dropped look' imperfections are easily explained. There are too many coats of clear over the 'dang nice' knob so you see the reflections of the clouds, the sun, the front of the shop, and the tractor on the ball. I actually tried really hard not to drop the ball, when it was freshly painted.

Latest posts

Back