Home away from home

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't say I am good with wood. But thanks for the props. I picked up a bunch of 18guage steel was going to use that to build the fenders. Just not sure how yet....

How about a little home entertainment?

Harvested the radio from my poor wrecked car. Threw in a set of speakers I had in the garage, now just need to add wires and an antenna.

IMG_20140814_223506_400_zps55czfrio.jpg

Progress must be accelerated. The wife wants to take it out again this weekend. Need to finish the table, stained it yesterday, need to paint the frame under the camper for the table, then reassemble.

Radio wired and working, table parts painted just need to be reinstalled. Finish the last part on the table storage frame and it is ready for another go. Hopefully headed out with it tomorrow night!

Well I'm officially jealous of your camper......but by all means go and have fun with it. Be careful though and remember..................

Thanks bud! Unfortunately it's raining today, so maybe postpone tonights outing. The last thing to do, for now anyway, is to build fenders. And I'm sure I will come up with other stuff to do also because if it was EVER done how could it be one of my projects? [S

And don't worry, my wiener is always secure!! :D

IMG_20140817_201301_795_zps1x7bwigw.jpg

Well I got to take it out camping again Sunday night! Couldn't have been happier with how it worked! It was great to sit at the table listen to the radio and play some games! Slept like a rock!

Best part the next morning I got up and walked up the the restroom. As I was walking up there were a group of guys standing there talking about it! I listened quietly (obviously they like the camper more than the rat) then one turned and looked at me and asks if I saw the rat rod and camper down the lane there. Said I sure did. He said yea its pretty neat doesn't like the color of the truck and didn't know how the guy could drive it on the ground like that. I turned and looked at him and said well when I leave I will show you that the truck and camper lift up to drive. He just looked at me kind of puzzled and then I said yeah thats mine. I drove it in last night! Now the group had a million questions for me. It was pretty fascinating to me.

I'll bet that was pretty awesome to get some unfiltered input. They both look great to me!

Congratulations & keep having fun!

-Chaz

very cool . I like the snap on roof and screen great idea. what are you going to finish the wood with? a tip from a long time wood worker ,if you are going to leave it outside you need to finish it or it wont last long.I use a product called FLOOD on outdoor furniture that I build. I get it at menards. works great. better than Thompsons. it would something like this bench. it would look cool to let it weather some for a few months then treat it with some thing. I did a job for an old man were we sprayed desol fuel on siding much like you used, it looked pretty good, smelled bad for a while though.

Attachments

• hotrod woodshop 039.jpg
    hotrod woodshop 039.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
You're having way too much fun already ! :D:D Really nice job and you zipped right along on it.

You are about two years ahead of me, but I really want to build one too. I work in the marine business and every day at work I find some new light or accessory that would be perfect for a camper.

Don

Last thing I wanted to do with this is hammer out some fenders for it. Made a buck last night and started beating them around. Didn't get very far but at least its something.
IMG_20140917_214834_056_zpsfdgedzj4.jpg

IMG_20140917_221234_911_zpsqcaf10wl.jpg

IMG_20140917_221508_053_zpsffpfuinf.jpg

Latest posts

Back