chassis--kinda interesting one

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
the guy started this and got bored and said he was never gonna do anything with it and l got it at a good price, he was happy someone is going to use it.

may take a while for me to get to it --l seems ta has a few projects in front of it:rolleyes:-- it needs a little TLC to get it right.

it sits to low right now, not sure how to raise it up, but l will get to that problem when l finally get that far.

BB chevy 454/turbo 4OO and a 8.8 ford with 4 wheel disc brakes, yay it has a straight axle, not thrilled about but will learn to live with it as l do not want to reinvent the whole suspension stuff. 67 inches widest point so that may pose a delima for a body idea.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• chassis 001.jpg
    chassis 001.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 113
  • chassis 007.jpg
    chassis 007.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 121
  • chassis 009.jpg
    chassis 009.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 112
  • chassis 010.jpg
    chassis 010.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 111
  • chassis 011.jpg
    chassis 011.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 94
  • chassis 012.jpg
    chassis 012.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 90
  • chassis 013.jpg
    chassis 013.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 89
  • chassis 014.jpg
    chassis 014.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 87
  • chassis 008.jpg
    chassis 008.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 81
  • chassis 015.jpg
    chassis 015.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 76
Nice.

I could have fun with that.

A "Red Baron" roadster or a Hot Tub T.

Attachments

• hot tubT.JPG
    hot tubT.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 44
I can't believe northern guys don't recognize a snow mobile when ya see one...put the paddle wheels back on it....[ddd:D

friends

the camaro is a friends, did not relize the car was in the shot, was trying to show the lowness and those ugly front wheels:eek:

that camaro is for sale though:D

l do not know what he's askin'....l can find out and PM ya.
Later :cool:

Last edited:
For parts I presume......the only thing locating either axle is springs? I have a feeling that wouldn't handle so well......

Man.. i swear there is a build thread on here.. or on KB that that frame was built in... i remember the side rails and the front end setup.... I feel like it was going to be a VW rod...

Remove the curved portion of the frame hanging below the scrub line, and weld in some straight sections of rails?

You can change the wheel base while you're at it, if you wish.

Attachments

• scrub.JPG
    scrub.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 55
  • scrub1.JPG
    scrub1.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 60
Re-stacking the leaves so they can be flipped (eye wrap pointing down insted of up) will gain a little height.
Caster wedges bolted in where the leaves connect to the chassis to angle the packs down a bit might help?

Adding to the sarcasm: :D
Add a PTO and gearbox to operate a 48-inch blade and you will have a great 454 powered lawnmower.

Seriously, there is a lot of potential here with a lot of work.

Latest posts

Back