What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A heck of a weekend

It certainly was a heck of a weekend for me. Flew to Edmonton Friday evening and met up with my cousin for a lovely dinner at one of his favorite bistros.

Saturday was a rainy day so we took in the art gallery in the morning. I quickly absorbed as much culture as I could stand but my wife seemed to enjoy it. In the afternoon we attended my cousin's wedding. He is my age and this is his first marriage .. guess he's a fussy guy. His wife is a lovely woman and they fit together like hand and glove. I'm sure they will be very happy together.

Sunday morning I was able to meet up with a fellow RRR member for breakfast and conversation. I got to look at his truck and, as an added bonus, he took me for a ride around town and showed me some of the sights. His truck is an absolute fantastic build. I couldn't get over the fact that there were absolutely no squeaks or rattles anywhere. Thanks again to 05snopro440. A great guy and a great hot rod.

In the afternoon my wife and I learned a new skill ... the Segway! Those things are a lot of fun we discovered and quite easy to master the basics of control. If any of you get a chance to try one I highly recommend it. I wish we could have ridden them longer but after an hour we had to leave to catch our plane back home. Home and in bed by 10:00 pm to end a very memorable weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 22
It certainly was a heck of a weekend for me. Flew to Edmonton Friday evening and met up with my cousin for a lovely dinner at one of his favorite bistros.

Saturday was a rainy day so we took in the art gallery in the morning. I quickly absorbed as much culture as I could stand but my wife seemed to enjoy it. In the afternoon we attended my cousin's wedding. He is my age and this is his first marriage .. guess he's a fussy guy. His wife is a lovely woman and they fit together like hand and glove. I'm sure they will be very happy together.

Sunday morning I was able to meet up with a fellow RRR member for breakfast and conversation. I got to look at his truck and, as an added bonus, he took me for a ride around town and showed me some of the sights. His truck is an absolute fantastic build. I couldn't get over the fact that there were absolutely no squeaks or rattles anywhere. Thanks again to 05snopro440. A great guy and a great hot rod.

In the afternoon my wife and I learned a new skill ... the Segway! Those things are a lot of fun we discovered and quite easy to master the basics of control. If any of you get a chance to try one I highly recommend it. I wish we could have ridden them longer but after an hour we had to leave to catch our plane back home. Home and in bed by 10:00 pm to end a very memorable weekend.

Glad you had a great time while you were here! I've never done those Segway tours, I suppose I should put it on the list...

It was great to meet you!

I'll bet you're working on a drag race Segway right now. Glad you had a great trip, and yes, RRR members are the best.

Few buddies got together and helped a friend in need change out his
gas tank...luckily another buddy had some heavy equipment
much easier...........afterwards we celebrated with a few cold ones;);)

C10

Got another transmission put in with new flexplate starter drive shaft headers. Plugs and wires and got it running. Still have tons to do before it will see the road.

52 fordman

Got the night 70 speed limit sign attached to the backside of the t-bucket body :D (ebay from Montana) Fabbed a steering box bracket and got that mounted. Started up the crate and the vettester. They haven't moved since triple digit weather got here.

Rebuilding the end carbs on my 3x2 setup. Have them totally disassembled & have soaked them in carb cleaner, just about done with that part! Ordered the rebuild kits today & hope to have them put back together shortly! The venturis on one of them was sticking really badly & think that has been a major issue all along! Fingers crossed! :D

BoB

Attachments

• pieces.jpg
    pieces.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 16
Can you remember where all the pieces go [S
Clean is always good, just did the carbs on the honda, all four but only 4 moving parts per carb :D
Improved performance like twice [cl

And :-(

After 56 years riding i had my first auto bike wreck :eek: Not good but not to bad [cl
As the saying goes "just 6 more inches" and i think i would have missed her [S Collision speed maybe 10mph:p

Hit in front of the left front wheel, the end of the bumper punched the ignition cover and all that's under it and clutch lever and forward peg. Oh and a few more scratches on the old hard hat and a few more scars :rolleyes:
First time i used a tow truck for a bike :cool:

Honda20Wreck01_zpstf6hxduo.jpg

Honda20Wreck04_zps39ijzay0.jpg

Honda20Wreck02_zpsucpoi0pj.jpg

If the weekend can be extended til Tuesday, shipped the roadster to harlyboy in North Carolina today. Thank you David, it's been a pleasure dealing with you.

Ouch bud. Keep it clean and get better soon. I hate drivers who don't look for motorcycles. I don't ride , yet, but when I finally do, bet your ass even in triple digit weather I'm wearing leathers.

Ya leathers would have help. At my age the skin is not to resilient and tears easily.
When you get to it keep in mind every car you can see is aiming for you :eek: defense defense defense :D

Dropped a little gas down the carb on the 39, and it made its own engine noises for the first time since I started this project. [cl Then I tied up a bunch of loose ends like seat belts, and running board supports. I am ready to gather receipts and go face the DMV. :eek:

A "What I did, and What I Would do Differently" build thread is coming in a couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back