Just thinking out loud

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said that about the '56 out of sarcasm for all the car show snobs that treat the '56 like the ugly step sister. I like them too.

The one thing I really like about that '57 is they didn't try to shove a '32 grille on it. (I know I've harped on that idea a lot over the years)

Oh - and that '56 custom is pretty darn sweet too. Other than the upholstery in the wheel well.

I said that about the '56 out of sarcasm for all the car show snobs that treat the '56 like the ugly step sister. I like them too.

The one thing I really like about that '57 is they didn't try to shove a '32 grille on it. (I know I've harped on that idea a lot over the years)

Oh - and that '56 custom is pretty darn sweet too. Other than the upholstery in the wheel well.

I have a similar harp about 32 grilles. They should be on 32's. Nothing looks worse to me than a 28-29 Model A with a 32 grille. Just so wrong.

Gotta say this 57 is alright with me.
2018-Detroit-AutoRama-First-Look-Introducing-the-Pirelli-Great-8-74-of-58.jpg

2018-Detroit-AutoRama-First-Look-Introducing-the-Pirelli-Great-8-73-of-58.jpg

I just don`t get it.... sooo many hrs to get that 57 to where it is. Sooo much detail... why does the door fit like crap...? :rolleyes:

The driver's door fits so well that you can't even see it. :D[/QUOTE

I don't get it, I can see the front door??

Ok, so probably half a million in custom shop time and materials to build a car that wouldn't hit $200,000 on a good auction so it must have been bankrolled by a deep pockets customer.

Well.... those are picks from the Detroit Autorama 'set up' day. So maybe they'll adjust the doors before show time? I really dig the front and rear treatment. The windshield I'm not too sure about.

From another site.

The article stated that....

The cowl was eliminated, and the windshield is a one-off.

I could have looked at it 12's of times& would not have noticed the lack of a cowl.

I just don`t get it.... sooo many hrs to get that 57 to where it is. Sooo much detail... why does the door fit like crap...? :rolleyes:

Good eye, I see it too.

The driver's door fits so well that you can't even see it. :D

The driver's door fits so well that you can't even see it. :D[/QUOTE

I don't get it, I can see the front door??

Ok, so probably half a million in custom shop time and materials to build a car that wouldn't hit $200,000 on a good auction so it must have been bankrolled by a deep pockets customer.

Well.... those are picks from the Detroit Autorama 'set up' day. So maybe they'll adjust the doors before show time? I really dig the front and rear treatment. The windshield I'm not too sure about.

It's funny, I got to see the '64 Riviera that JF Launier built that won the Ridler a few years back. I was able to get right up next to it, no ropes or barriers. The passenger side door on that car fit the same as the one on that '57 does, flush at the top and out significantly at the bottom. I was disappointed since Ridler cars are talked up as being the holy grail. Don't get me wrong, the car was a masterpiece but poor door fitment on a masterpiece is extremely disappointing.

Latest posts

Back