Frame Size

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darksyde

Looking for a general length measurement from firewall to radiator.
Putting a 351w in my truck and just trying to get the front 1/3 of the z the right length, so far my wheelbase is 144"(too long for my liking). No room to have everything in one place till its ready to go in.

My axle will be in front of the frame due to the air bag cantilevers.

So
firewall -> Motor -> rad - > Grill -> Axle with cantilevers.

so far I figure the 351w I need 36" from firewall to the fan, then another 4" for the rad. the air bags I can work in somewhere, and then I just need to put my slanted grill in(1935 ford PU grill)

Thoughts?

all I can say is , use 2x4s and mock it up till it looks good to you , every ones frame is different , it depends on what you want it to look like .. then if you like the way it looks cut your metal to the same measurements. JMO thats the way im going to do it ,, that way I can set all my stff on the 2x4s and I can see if It needs some more room here or there ,,, the rad will tilt to the engine some so that means it will need more room than just the thickness of the rad ..

Line up all your pieces on the floor pretty much where you think they will go. Then stand back and stare at of for the rest of the day. If you like what is going on, then you can start taking measurements. Then build the wood 2x4 frame. Stick it all together, and stare at it for another day or so. Ideas will come to you.

Latest posts

Back