My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity I put the weight of the engine/tranny on the frame today to see how much that lowered it. I estimated 1 1/2"... it lowered it 1 1/4". Pretty sure once I get the big block Walker brass & copper radiator etc added on... it'll drop that extra 1/4". A few more things on the frame & I'll start placing engine, radiator & making motor/tranny mounts etc. Lov'n it!!! :D[;)

BoB

Attachments

• weight.JPG
    weight.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 47
Out of curiosity I put the weight of the engine/tranny on the frame today to see how much that lowered it. I estimated 1 1/2"... it lowered it 1 1/4". Pretty sure once I get the big block Walker brass & copper radiator etc added on... it'll drop that extra 1/4". A few more things on the frame & I'll start placing engine, radiator & making motor/tranny mounts etc. Lov'n it!!! :D[;)

BoB

No sweat on the 1/4 inch. Things got to settle as well.
:cool: [P [P [P
Torchie

Since I'm using coilovers I'm gonna need a panhard bar to keep the rear in place. I decided to use this bracket & will use a short bar to limit sideways movement.

BoB

Attachments

• panhard.jpg
    panhard.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 35
Moving right along... I got the hairpin brackets welded on. I've been using as much as I can off an old '46 Ford axle I had & cut 3" out of the tie rod, got new tie rods ends installed & put on the car. Gonna order a vega steering box in the morning & can't wait to get it installed & cut the drag link to size! Engine/tranny install shortly! [;):D[;)

BoB

Attachments

• hairpins.JPG
    hairpins.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 30
  • chopped.JPG
    chopped.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 27
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 31
Ever closer! Putting the motor/tranny/radiator weight on the frame to set up the rear radius rods. After I get that done I'll put the engine/tranny in position for mounts etc. Gonna try & get the body on this weekend or next week some time! Startin' to get really fired up! [;):D

BoB

Attachments

• close.JPG
    close.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 60
Panhard bar pieced together... now just gotta weld it in! Then weld on rear radius rods & hopefully test fit the body next week.

What? No temp seat and a pic of you making vroom vroom???[ddd:D[cl

Shortly! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• panhard.JPG
    panhard.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 40
Got all rear suspension welded in & it's tight! Now on to the Vega steering box & drag link! Then engine/tranny mounts & radiator! [;)[;)[;)

BoB

Attachments

• radiusrods3.jpg
    radiusrods3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back