First cut is DONE..This is what I have

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the story on this old post? I hate to see a chop go bad and they can if your not careful.

thats too bad. it looked like a good start and the "issues" weren't insurmountable....[;)

LMAO..come on..this thread is TOO OLD..!!

Come on guys...its a DEAD deal.Truck was cut up and basically sold for scrap...In fact most of the frame was also cut up sent to the scrapper...( I kept the longer pieces for other projects..).Problem is...issues WERE insurmountable.I learned quite a few lessons...some painful,some not...but life is a learning lesson and we get to learn everyday.Been a REAL long time since I have been here but I too also moved on.Where...?? OMG..he went to that OTHER site !!!!!!!!...LMAO...yes I have.I spend most of my time there as 1 of my 2 projects keeps me over there with a different way of building.No its NOT a SHOW car and NO I dont join in to throw insults about this site either..to each his own... but there was something that has always been lurking within me so I took the jump...and PLEASE get rid if this thread..!! LMAO...take care..ya bunch of bums....[ddev

.Truck was cut up and basically sold for scrap...In fact most of the frame was also cut up sent to the scrapper. Problem is...issues WERE insurmountable.

??? Isn't it against RRR laws to send a usable cab to the death of chinese smelters??:eek: I am horrified! He must be one of those rich guys that just throws stuff away that others might have found usable.......Shame really.[S

IT wont die..!!

No I am NOT rich BUT I do realize things just arent going to work out and you move on.The whole project sat on several sites for several months with no interest.I even attempted to part it out with no luck.In fact the 9 inch for it was just sold for 50.00 dollars and a 8 inch rear end..( which also went with it..) for was given with it for free..( due AGAIN to sellers scamming and lying about how GREAT those parts are when you buy them,only to find out you have been scammed..!).I see SO many cabs for sale and no one ever buys them,ones MUCH better then mine so I knew what had to be done...MOD..close this ...LOL...

See ya round BR! And don't be afraid to stop in sometimes even if ya don't have a rat. Maybe you'll get that itch again.

lame dude! should have cut the door posts down to resemble late model muscle cars. none the less, good luck in future endeavers. DONT CLOSE THREAD. anything that can teach chopping GOODS and BADS must stay open to researchers.

Sorry for the builders bad luck, but this thread just helped me out for the future.
Many times you don't realize what lies in store for you until you modify somewhere else.
I was planning on splitting my roof and still may not have too because of a different model truck, but sure leaning that way now.

4 way split

I split my roof four ways to make it line up with only a couple of relief cuts spreading posts always look awkward to me . sad his didnt work out it would made a nice roadster or i saw a kid make a tbucket roadster out of the exterior sheet metal panels from a 40s looked bad ass!

i hate when one gets scrapped but heck, it happens. mine was easy. i had 2 tops. thats dang near cheatin.any info can be good. even if it dont work out. i chopped a 63 chevyII wagon.havin that 2nd top made it a breeze.it was an easy one to start with . im not a pro by any means. it took much longer plannin and measurin than the actual chop and tack in place.weldin them seams takes a dang good while too.just little welds and move around a lot.choppin a top on most rides aint easy.i purdy much started with a shoe box lid. hahaha. i know my limits. ive only done that one.i do like a good chop job but on most rides i wouldnt know where to start. well, i would start with a forum and many questions..........duhhhhh !!!

I split the roof on my 42 into 3 pieces and made relief cuts along the back of the acb and everything worked out just fine and that was my 1st chop!! Too bad to see a guy give up so easily and have such a poor attitude about all of it :(

this thread is soooo dead, but I do wonder why he didn't split the cab down the middle and stretch it that way? oh well... I know what not to do in the future...

don't go ahead and do cause you get antsy.

Latest posts

Back