What car would you own & drive!?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok... let's say $$$ was no object... what car would u love 2 own & drive? Here's mine... Daytona Spyder!

365spider.jpg

BoB

My ultimate driver would be a 66 /67 Nova with a Corvette C5 suspension....A nicely worked small block and a 6 speed. Maybe a 64 through 66 Mustang with the same Corvette under pinnings (just to tick off the Ford purists out there). I guess if it really had to be something from a factory and not something I'd build, I would take a Mclaren M1....
McLaren_Concept3_400x215.jpg

This is really strange because no car jumps right out at me as being one I would buy if I hit the lottery. New cars don't do a thing for me, even the exotics. I guess I would buy something like a Mercedes for my driver, but I would also build a bunch of hot rods that I always wanted from my youth and never got yet.

Yeah, really made me think because there is no car I really lust after. :confused::confused:

Don

I would probably own a 69 camaro pace car convertible,black 66 vette convertibleand 64 impala ss 327 4 speed. These are all cars that my mom and dad had when i was growing up. they were all just daily drivers at the time and my dad sold the vette in1972 for $2300. I barely remember some of them but somewhere i have pics of me standing by them.

Or just to mess with the bowtie boys a 63 split window vette with a Flathead Ford under the hood or maybe a BBF powered 55-57 Nomad wagon.:D

I figured I'd get some kind of response from my Mustang comment....and so the Ford / Chevy debate continues:D

A plum crazy purple 32 coupe that won some big awards a few years back ,it was on the cover of street rodder with white walls and a eye ball shifter knob with a schunkin head hangin from the rear view .had white tuck n roll interior!
I dont know why ?but i just loved that car.Has any one got a picture if you know the one i'm talkin about,bonehead ,gastric?????

Fordman, with one of those you can have any car you want.:D:D

No way could I pick just one but the engine would for sure be a stout side oiler so maybe an original Cobra or GT-40.
Then there is just something about this car.

Attachments

• rpu 1.jpg
    rpu 1.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 32
69 Dodge Daytona

Back in 1970 my mom had, And still does, a 69 Daytona I would go joy rideing in with my little buddy. It was parked the next year. She was griping about no traction in the snow. :confused: It has been taken out of storage last year and is now undergoing a compleat resto. I gess my wish will still come true.:D

Attachments

• DVC00025.JPG
    DVC00025.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 47
  • daytona7.jpg
    daytona7.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 44
Back in 1970 my mom had, And still does, a 69 Daytona I would go joy rideing in with my little buddy. It was parked the next year. She was griping about no traction in the snow. :confused: It has been taken out of storage last year and is now undergoing a compleat resto. I gess my wish will still come true.:D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A plum crazy purple 32 coupe that won some big awards a few years back ,it was on the cover of street rodder with white walls and a eye ball shifter knob with a schunkin head hangin from the rear view .had white tuck n roll interior!
I dont know why ?but i just loved that car.Has any one got a picture if you know the one i'm talkin about,bonehead ,gastric?????

Tom, was it done totally traditional with a flathead? If so, I know the car. In fact, it was the one that made me decide to paint my '27 purple. If that is the one, I have a copy of the magazine somewhere.

Don

Bentley Continental GT Speed, and it's the quickest, fastest Bentley ever, capable of a 4.3-second 0-60 mph time and 202-mph top speed in ultimate luxury. And I'd have a couple of Rat Rods parked next to in the garage.:eek:

Attachments

• 112_0708_04z+bentley_continental_gt_speed+side_view.jpg
    112_0708_04z+bentley_continental_gt_speed+side_view.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 25
A 1970 SS L-S6 4-Speed Chevelle or a 1969 Boss 429 4-Speed Mach-1 Mustang. My cousion had a 70 Chevelle with a L-S6 when I was about 14 and sold it for a wopping $2500.00. :eek:
Tim

Black GTO

I would own a 1967 GTO. i would pull the 400 out for a rat rod project and stuff in a 455 out of a fire bird, then match it to a 5 speed manual tranny. i fit it with air bags all around and mini tub the front and rear to put on 20 inch wheels. all black rims with a thin chrome trim ring. smoke the windows, and then go smoke a Mopar he he he he.

Pablo

Attachments

• BLK gto (Medium).jpg
    BLK gto (Medium).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 26
A 1958 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa. Because it is too valuble to drive, I would stare at it every night for a year. Drive it once
and sell it at Barrett-Jackson. And with the considerable proceeds, build a 69 Dodge Dart fully resto-modded with a built
340 4-speed as my daily driver.

800px-RL_1958_Ferrari_250_Testa_Ros.jpg
[/IMG]

Tom, was it done totally traditional with a flathead? If so, I know the car. In fact, it was the one that made me decide to paint my '27 purple. If that is the one, I have a copy of the magazine somewhere.

Don

Seems like it had a sbc in it with 3-two's with funny lookin squar breathers [i think old cal custom breathers mabie]
WIth chrom steelies that was painted purple around where the lug nutz was.
It was a high boy ,with a 4 speed i think,with was unusal at the time ,every thing else was automatic then.
Its so funny to me ,I have always ran standards and five slote mags and chopped tops ,while every one else done something else.and now its what every body is wantin now .its crazy how things change given the time.

Latest posts

Back