Truck cab and box one unit or two

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowman

Hi guys I have been window shopping for ideas for my upcoming build 1950 international with images on the internet. I have noticed that some builds have the box fixed/welded directly to the cab, while others remain in two sections. What are the pros and cons of welding box to the cab and mounting to the frame. Good to have some feed back before I start.
Thanks
Crowman

I dont know , but I would think that the frame would give enough to cause problems with it being welded to just the side of the cab . on a car it has the roof to give it strength , [S maybe some one on here has seen it or know some one that has done it and can give some imfo on it for ya ,

Convertibles didn't have problems. You need a stiffer frame than what you find under a G-body, but unless you plan to use the truck to haul stuff, it shouldn't be a problem. Ford had the 61-63 Unibody F100. That ended because when they were used hard like a truck should be, they were cracking behind the cab.

Latest posts

Back