Alabama rats?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well sorry to say i'll still be on foot being that i still haven't found hubs and you buddy never answers or returns my call !! lol

well sorry to say i'll still be on foot being that i still haven't found hubs and you buddy never answers or returns my call !! lol

TELL A WHAT!!! IM GOING TO START A TURTLE BACK T FOR HIM!!! i ask him myself, what all do you need! that aint cool with me, if i recommend someone! they better do what i say or else!!! what do you need?> year make and so on

Attachments

• cruzin[1].jpg
    cruzin[1].jpg
    90 KB · Views: 9
i just need front hubs for a 48 f100 or front end which ever,just can't start the channel till i now how its gonna seat . Thanks !!:D also check out my newest post when u get time, the place is on the next island from my moms house in Ri

arab dirty rascals rat rodders

ant any of you alabama boys going to red neck rumble???? there are 7 or so from arab area going maybe all can meet up on 65

dirty rascala

her pics of 37 chevy rat rod

Attachments

• DSCN0293.jpg
    DSCN0293.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0302 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0302 (Small).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 35
ant any of you alabama boys going to red neck rumble???? there are 7 or so from arab area going maybe all can meet up on 65

There is 3 of us from Mobile going not sure what time were leaving yet

red neck rumble

we are leaveing friday am some time. are you'all gioing up 65? keep in touch maybe can meet on hiway

Tonight guys!!!!! Rain suppose to stop around noon!!! Come on out< there will be a car show the following day also< if anyone wants to stay < there hotels avaliable!!!!

Attachments

• cruzin[1].jpg
    cruzin[1].jpg
    90 KB · Views: 7
Knowing where to look would help get started!

I have recently gotten caught up in the rat look, and have become interested in building one myself. The biggest problem I run into is not knowing where to start looking for a cab or even a chassis for that matter. I've been trying to read up, but I'm almost tired of wasting time on the internet surfing to find nothing.

I am in college and barely above broke, so building may be completely out of the question right now. I do, however want to be on the look out, but for what exactly, and where? The junkyards I have caroused have not been filled with hidden gems.

By the way, I am currently located in Tuscaloosa, AL. Home is Ardmore, AL. I travel the state with my roommates who are from Mobile, so i can cover some ground, but knowing where to look would help.

What frame is decently easy to find and fit more things,etc., or will i be hunting yards with a tape measure?

Thanks for any help. I would really like to see people at the AL shows a little more into rats instead of rich boy toys. I love them all, but this is actually possible for me.

Welcome aboard jvrudolph,
Im in Montgomery.

A big ROLL TIDE to ya.

You might just need to find something that can be fixed up for right now and slowley "rat it out"

Welcome to RRR

I have been trying to find it again. Are you talking about the '41? Let me know a little bit about what it is, and the link. I will almost feel silly asking some of the questions I know I will, but so far I really appreciate everybody being understanding of the fact I know zero about this new hobby I hope to undertake.

Will I be able to drop say a 350 and matching tranny in it with ease?
Any suggestions for what you would do to it, etc. just to have an idea of what it will take to get it rolling around town.

I have been trying to find it again. Are you talking about the '41? Let me know a little bit about what it is, and the link. I will almost feel silly asking some of the questions I know I will, but so far I really appreciate everybody being understanding of the fact I know zero about this new hobby I hope to undertake.

Will I be able to drop say a 350 and matching tranny in it with ease?
Any suggestions for what you would do to it, etc. just to have an idea of what it will take to get it rolling around town.

heres the link! http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10506
wel as with anything theres goint to be work! it the rat rod world there never just drop it in and go unless someones already built it!

You just gotta get out and look around. I mean just get out and drive around in your area. There are projects out there. I know you have spent lots of time on the internet but in case you haven't tried Craigslist you should. You can sometimes find a few good deals to follow up on. Thats how I found my 51 cab a couple of years ago. I actually posted a "truck wanted" ad and the guy called me.

Be patient most importantly. It pays to take your time and get what you want and can afford rather than rushing into something you might regret later.

Thunder

I definitely need to be patient. I get too excited and want it to happen right now. Tex, the more I read, the more I want your truck. I will try to do my best, but it will be a few weeks before it's even a consideration. If you still have it I will be interested. Thank you all for the advice.

Also, Tex, I have a 305 I could get cheaply. Would that be a good route or would I want to try to restore the engine in the 41? I think I'm gonna tell the guy I want it. It's in a million pieces, but I thought that might test my dedication to the project as well.

Also, how much trouble will a title be to get? I read a little bit on the DMV website, but they make everything sound easier than it is. From anyone who has been thru this, I just want to know how much cussing and stomping I should plan on if this is ever to be in my name. I have an 83 Honda shadow and still don't have title in my name after 5 months. Unreal hassle. So goes it!

Also, how much trouble will a title be to get? I read a little bit on the DMV website, but they make everything sound easier than it is. From anyone who has been thru this, I just want to know how much cussing and stomping I should plan on if this is ever to be in my name. I have an 83 Honda shadow and still don't have title in my name after 5 months. Unreal hassle. So goes it!

alabama dont need a title for anything older than 1974, the 305 would be cheaper to build than the 216 in the truck!

Latest posts

Back