36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes OI, I'm using the pump as an era-correct prop but I'm really using the sediment bowl to catch any dust or grit that's in the lines.
I think the fuel plumbing is all done now.
Remember when the cool guys had red see-through gas lines on their carbs; well feast your eyes on these babies.
Oh yes, the steel line coming out under the sediment bowl is going to the power brake unit under the floor.

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 31
Keep a close watch on that red line Mac. Lots of talk over on the pork about how quick they dry out and crack and break. Like everything else today, they don’t last long, 6 months to a year if you’re lucky...

Keep a close watch on that red line Mac. Lots of talk over on the pork about how quick they dry out and crack and break. Like everything else today, they don’t last long, 6 months to a year if you’re lucky...

I wonder if its the fuel (and all the additives)causing that,rather than cheap material in the lines.

I wonder if its the fuel (and all the additives)causing that,rather than cheap material in the lines.

Probably a combo of both. On the HAMB thread, some of the old timers said they didn't last long back then, either. Nothing lasts anymore, too much stuff taken out of it and other things added in make for mixtures that don't last as long.

I'll run them for a while just so I can say I did, but I won't feel too bad changing them out for black ones.

OI, did you notice that your post total is up in the big numbers. There should be a Whoup, Whoup for this, right?

I used them. They faded and got hard but didn't crack or split. I'd say if you'd be wise to replace them in kind every couple years

Ah, the little things that make our life so interesting. When I changed from a single teapot Holley to three 94 Holley carbs, I found that the choke actuating arm is on the other side. I had to change my choke cable. It was a bent rod before and now it has to be a wire in a housing. So, --- I have to make a more appropriate knob that will match the others on the dash. This is one of my pet peeves, [I need similar dash knobs, or else].
The one on the left is the matching one, then the new cable with a cheapo knob, and finally the block of plastic that I will lathe a new look-a-like out of.

Attachments

• IMG_2054.jpg
    IMG_2054.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 26
Wait a minute Mac. Turned custom knobs?? Now you are crossing into custom car territory.[ddd :D
Nothing look like a well dressed flathead.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Well Guys, there're a couple of things I never thought of and one thing that you pointed out, that I already knew. I knew I was showing off a wee bit, but I never thought that I have a custom car, [with lots of small custom things in it] and my cheapo lathe should not have been displayed to the public.

Latest posts

Back