cornfield customs streamliner build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

Since 2013 I have had the idea to build a streamliner styled after the red head. after years of trying to get some guys to join up with me and help out i decided to just do it on my own. I am dedicating weekends and evenings to this car as money permits. I got started on the chassis last weekend. i have about 30 hours in total to this point. hopefully about done bending and notching tube, then i can move onto axles and suspension

i was able to pick up a donor engine to start mocking that up. decided to go with a 4BT common rail Cummins Diesel since the record is pretty soft at 170 mph. so hopefully this weekend i will be able to get the excess stuff removed off the front clip and the engine set in place, and start on some suspension plans in motion.

also with the great expense of this en devour we decided to set up a kick start to help with getting some sponsorship to take some of the sting out of the investment side of things. we are offering some cool rewards for our backers so please check it out. we are also looking for a couple major sponsors / team members to help out with the drive train portion. So if anyone is interested in helping in that department please hit me up

here is a link to our kickstarter page

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ille-streamliner-project?ref=created_projects

thanks in advance and i will post up some more progress pics this weekend

You had me at streamliner then nailed it out of the park when u said 4bt!!!!!!!

I'm in!!

You are truly a magician with metal, will be watching[P
also admire the vintage Indy type racer in the background.:D:D

a little progress yesterday. got the donor engine pulled out of the front frame clip and set in the chassis. still trying to decide if i want to run the engine vertical or over on its side. either way the engine will be dry sumped to help with clearance. as far as the transmission i am thinking of running a Jericho if i go manual or a 5 speed allison if i go automatic. just depends on clearances when i get engine placement decided

also please check out our kickstarter page to become a sponsor and get some cool rewards for helping us out

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ille-streamliner-project?ref=created_projects

Last edited:
What are you doing for hop ups on the motor? Compound turbos, water/meth? Anything fun like that?? I can't wait to see where this goes!!

What are you doing for hop ups on the motor? Compound turbos, water/meth? Anything fun like that?? I can't wait to see where this goes!!

billet rods, mahle pistons ceramic coated and lined, ring of fire machine work done on head and block, intake cut off, port and polish, custom intake , over sized valves, injectors, pump, computer, compound turbos, better intercooler, nitrous, and on and on lol

billet rods, mahle pistons ceramic coated and lined, ring of fire machine work done on head and block, intake cut off, port and polish, custom intake , over sized valves, injectors, pump, computer, compound turbos, better intercooler, nitrous, and on and on lol

This sounds like loads of fun!!!!!

no major progress to report for the week. just a lot of planning and metal work. please check out the link in my above post about our kick starter and join up to help sponsor the car and team

Latest posts

Back