Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this in my e-mails this morning.
Shows what I'm aiming for. I want to be able to run this one with or with out skirts.
Photoshop credit to our friend Rik Hoving on the Custom Car Chronilcle site.
Torchie

Attachments

• ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk.jpg
    ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 92
this is like a master class, and it gives me enough false bravado to think I could try it on my own! [cl[cl[cl[cl

this is like a master class, and it gives me enough false bravado to think I could try it on my own! [cl[cl[cl[cl

Thanks everyone!
joedoh......
There is no doubt in my mind that you and many others on this site could do
this and most likely much better then me.
That's not me trying to be modest. It's just me being aware of the fact that what used to be a "walk in the park" for me is now a "crawl down an alley filled with broken glass and gravel." [ddd
I have reached the point where I have much knowledge, but no longer the ability to use the knowledge in a practical way. I believe bob w refers to that as "Diminished Abilities." LOL
So if I can pass that knowledge on to others that are willing to learn then I will be satisfied with that: :)
The plan is to get back at it tomorrow.
Torchie

Your an inspiration and we all slow down as we age. You get an amazing amount done considering the shape you are in. I mean this as a compliment.
No worries kenny. I took it as one.

Looking great, Torchie!
Thanks charliebob!

To me. Asking people what color you should paint your car is akin to asking them what you should name your first born.:eek:
But lets have some fun with this....
These pics show the set of 1957 Johnson Outboards that I restored a few years ago. This is a legit factory 1957 color which mostly fits in with the time period that I'm shooting for with this build. I would shoot the car in the bronze gold color and do the interior in the off white with a black steering wheel.
It's a little hard to tell from the pics but there a bit of metallic to this paint as well.
If I had the Dodge stock upper body molding (Which I don't) I would think about two tone with the roof in the off white and the lower body in the Bronze gold.
Lets hear some opinions on how and what color/colors you would do this car in.
Thanks...
Torchie

Attachments

• 970338_598069780245806_666991347_n.jpg
    970338_598069780245806_666991347_n.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 1150944_598069620245822_545115249_n.jpg
    1150944_598069620245822_545115249_n.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 995979_600852433300874_1111593722_n.jpg
    995979_600852433300874_1111593722_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 23
I love the look you`re aiming for :cool:
how about 1970 mopar "Tawny gold metallic" to give it a tad more contrast with the off white... [dr

Attachments

• 296565-Hemi3.JPG
    296565-Hemi3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 23
Not much happening with the project lately.
Holiday and end of the year stuff taking a priority right now.
Taking a moment to step back and compare where we started and where we are now.:D
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4485.jpg
    IMG_4485.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 37
  • ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk.jpg
    ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 37
HA its like one of those movies where the mousy, plain, girl takes off her glasses and becomes the effortless beauty! [cl[cl

I found out today I'm going to need to have double cataract surgery done.
It is scheduled for the middle of January. So I'm taking a break on doing anymore cutting on the Dodge until I can see better again.
I am also hoping this will get my welding back to where it used to be.[;) [;) I'm sure it will be better once I can actually see what I'm doing.[ddd [ddd
In the meantime I'm thinking of non detail stuff I can do on the Dodge.
Torchie

Thorcie you take care of yourself. What ever you do will be great. If what we've seen welded is not up to standard i can't wait to see what's coming. [;)
[P

I found out today I'm going to need to have double cataract surgery done.
It is scheduled for the middle of January. So I'm taking a break on doing anymore cutting on the Dodge until I can see better again.
I am also hoping this will get my welding back to where it used to be.[;) [;) I'm sure it will be better once I can actually see what I'm doing.[ddd [ddd
In the meantime I'm thinking of non detail stuff I can do on the Dodge.
Torchie
Worth it! I got new lenses a little over a year ago. The difference is amazing. I use straight up 2.50 cheaters for reading and welding now. Its great. But the best part of all is that I can see the lines on the road at night now. :eek:

Latest posts

Back