1934 Ford PU Cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good advice

I like all the advice I received from you guys, it’s really appreciated! I guess it’s time to go junkyard shopping to get some more parts. I did see a grill and lights sitting on and old late 30’s early 40’s ford dump truck on the way to welding supply house that looked interesting. I’ll have to swing back and see what he wants for it now that You guys inspired me!,[cl[P I do like the idea of putting a “Z” on the frame that should drop the look of chassis closer to the ground, I’ll have to figure out how much I can add to stretch the frame. I also was looking at adding a short extension to the front to bring my radiator support out in front of the axle for a different look. [;);)[dr You guys have really got my mind reeling with ideas, thanks I think!! Anyway time to start shopping and assembling to figure out which direction I’m going to take!! I’ll post more as things progress and continue, writing all this stuff and hearing from everyone keeps me going! Thanks again for your input [cl[cl

I like all the advice I received from you guys, it’s really appreciated! I guess it’s time to go junkyard shopping to get some more parts. I did see a grill and lights sitting on and old late 30’s early 40’s ford dump truck on the way to welding supply house that looked interesting. I’ll have to swing back and see what he wants for it now that You guys inspired me!,[cl[P I do like the idea of putting a “Z” on the frame that should drop the look of chassis closer to the ground, I’ll have to figure out how much I can add to stretch the frame. I also was looking at adding a short extension to the front to bring my radiator support out in front of the axle for a different look. [;);)[dr You guys have really got my mind reeling with ideas, thanks I think!! Anyway time to start shopping and assembling to figure out which direction I’m going to take!! I’ll post more as things progress and continue, writing all this stuff and hearing from everyone keeps me going! Thanks again for your input [cl[cl

Radiator in front of the axle looks silly. I've seen plenty done that way and they look wrong for a 30's vehicle. The front of the radiator/grille shell at the centre of the front wheel looks best on an open car in my opinion.

I agree with snopro. (Radiator in front of the axle looks like an anteater on wheels.)

Your have every opportunity (in mock up) to make it suit your eye. Proportion is the difference between art and a pile of...

Latest posts

Back