28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife and I have discussed the bucket list extensively,and #1 is to build the Fast Four and either build or buy a tear drop trailer to pull behind it. As soon as I retire we want to take the carvan to California in April and start Route 66 to Chicago, then to the east coast Maine New Hamshire then up to the Maritimes in Canada and west back home. Figure 4 months,its a big plan but one I’m hoping we can complete.

DO IT !!!!
I just saw a 61 Corvette pulling a little teardrop trailer on the highway near me.
Torchie

Nice build Doz. I especially like the pics of the hood you made for it. I am considering making a hood for my Model A build and was wondering if anyone had done that before. Thanks. I have plenty of hoods as I save them whenever I scrap out a car. The sheet metal always comes in handy.

Nice build Doz. I especially like the pics of the hood you made for it. I am considering making a hood for my Model A build and was wondering if anyone had done that before. Thanks. I have plenty of hoods as I save them whenever I scrap out a car. The sheet metal always comes in handy.

Thanks ModAchuck, The hood was not to bad to build, mine not finished yet just a few tweeks here and there.

682-C

Went over to my friends place to look for head lights and came home with three on these really nice Guide 682-C's with Hawks Bill parking lenses. One of the headlights is banged up pretty bad but I was able to get two really nice ones.
They take a 7"sealed beam so are about 8"in dia.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of 682-C 002.JPG
    Resize of 682-C 002.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Resize of 682-C 003.JPG
    Resize of 682-C 003.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 76
  • Resize of 682-C 004.JPG
    Resize of 682-C 004.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Resize of 682-C 006.JPG
    Resize of 682-C 006.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 74
Went over to my friends place to look for head lights and came home with three on these really nice Guide 682-C's with Hawks Bill parking lenses. One of the headlights is banged up pretty bad but I was able to get two really nice ones.

Looks great.

You have some good friends.

Attachments

• guide.JPG
    guide.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 13
The wife and I have discussed the bucket list extensively,and #1 is to build the Fast Four and either build or buy a tear drop trailer to pull behind it. As soon as I retire we want to take the carvan to California in April and start Route 66 to Chicago, then to the east coast Maine New Hamshire then up to the Maritimes in Canada and west back home. Figure 4 months,its a big plan but one I’m hoping we can complete.

I'm liking your build.... ya might consider a swing through Branson, Mo. on your road trip...[cl[cl

SO after waiting a month for my rear four link to arrive and no show, I contacted the Fleabay seller and he told he he misplaced the order, but gave me no more indication of what he was doing. After two more attempts to contact him with no response I asked Ebay to step in, and withing 24 hours I had a full refund.
So now the wait begins for another four link.

Day before yesterday I was rummaging through a pile of scrape and found two 6 ft lengths of this roller chain, I think it has bumpers written all over it? :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of roller chain 001.JPG
    Resize of roller chain 001.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Resize of roller chain 002.JPG
    Resize of roller chain 002.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 77

Latest posts

Back