HF Porta Band

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
Just thought I would say.........

Was in HF a couple weeks ago because I had a 25% coupon about to expire. Couldn't find anything I really needed so I picked up a Porta Band that was on sale and with the coupon I got it for around $65.

Since then I have used the crap out of it on different things and other than the stock blade being pretty much junk, the rest of it seems to have been a worth while investment. Hopefully in a year or so I can still say the same thing.

I'm still looking for a real band saw... Starting to get frustrated with all these craigslist guys calling, wanting to buy stuff from me and then not calling back to come see it. I'd already have bought a belt sander from craigslist, and probably a decent band saw....

I too would like a big band saw, but I currently have no space for one. This works well to cut tube/angle/flat stock/ etc. I think it can fit up to 4 or 4.5" square tube. So far, I have no complaints.

I'm still looking for a real band saw... Starting to get frustrated with all these craigslist guys calling, wanting to buy stuff from me and then not calling back to come see it. I'd already have bought a belt sander from craigslist, and probably a decent band saw....

I started buying and selling stuff on CL back in 05. It hasn't changed much for me, it's about 2 out of 10 that show up after saying they will. It's the nature of the beast I guess.

I'm gonna check out the band saw though. I need something small that works. Where did you get the replacement blades?

Just thought I would say that after having this for 8 months and using it quite often, there has been no change in operation, I am still very pleased with it!!!

Late to the party...

For some reason I had missed this thread but I wanted to show you how my portaband is set up. I have an older one that has the metal body, I have it clamped to my workbench. I have a small plate welded on it and it is great for small cuts. I have used it like this for 20+ years....can't do without it! A plug in foot pedal controls it.

You can still find the ones with the metal body used. Parts are stll available for them. I just replaced the drive gear in mine.

Hope this helps someone....like I said....Can't do without it.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0914.JPG