CRC Freeze Off.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I've been looking at the cans of CRC Freeze Off penetrating oil we sell at work for a while now and wondered if it really works. According to the can, you spray it for about 10 seconds on a rusted bolt or other part, and it freezes the part so it separates from the other part and the penetrating oil can get inside. I went on line and read reviews that all seemed very positive.

So, I bought two cans because I am disassembling the one Caddy I bought and the catalytic converter and other bolts on the exhaust seemed pretty rusty. Last night I sprayed the 4 bolts on the catalytic convertor to header flange and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then I put a half inch rachet and socket on the nuts and they came off as if they were brand new ! :eek: Once I broke them loose I was able to remove them with my fingers.

The stuff seems to have broken up the rust, it came off with the oil. I am going to keep testing it, I have a flathead where the 48 head studs are frozen on and I will start soaking them and let them sit for a while before trying to remove them.

But so far, so good.

Don

Latest posts

Back