HF 12 Ton Shop Press

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 20 ton one. I replaced the jack with an air powered one. It works great. Was nothing wrong with the original jack. We just used it so much, that it made it faster.

I am just worried 12 ton won't be enough. But the hardest thing it will ever have to do is press U-Joints.

That would defiantly be big enough for u-joints. I do them in vice and use the press for the heavy work.
A press in probably the least used item in may shop but when you need one it's sitting over there waiting. Have to clean up a little to get to it tho.

I own exactly that 12 ton model and love it. For years I kept putting off buying one and finally bit the bullet.........best investment I have made, use it all the time and never knew how useful they are.

I just used it this week to straighten out the power steering cooler from the wrecked Caddy so I could use it on my car. Simply put a couple of pieces of wood under it and one on top to protect it, and after few pumps it was straight again.

I have also used it to press bushings out that I couldn't ever get out without one, and if you get creative you can bend all kinds of stuff on it. I thought about buying the 20 ton, but the 12 ton works great for the stuff we do.

Don

BTW, not to hijack, but HF has these rolling tool carts on sale for $ 159 in a special flyer. My Son got one and I was so impressed with it I bought one for me too. Very high quality and it holds all the important tools I need and can roll it right up to where I am working.

I have the 12 ton HF press..

I've used it 3 times in as many years.....wheels bearings off hubs and bearings off pinions mostly....works good...had to modify the lower support bar was way too loose on the side rails/ beams.....rocked around too much...other than that works fine...

Well I picked one up Saturday. It was silver instead of the orange shelf display which I actually like the silver better. The reviews pretty much hit the nail on the head for construction, Loose at the top but seems like it will work. Once I have put some real use on it I will give the rest of my opinion.

I have the 20 ton and it has been fine for about 3 years now.
I like the roll around cabinet Don, I have been looking for something like that but my biggest problem is space. I don't have much room to store it when I'm not working on my car (the wife's car has to be in the garage by bedtime ;) ).

Latest posts

Back