speedway disc break kit

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you'll find the box has Made In America sticker on it. Nice proud American cardboard boxes, cheap Chinese inside. :eek:

Bit like the Summit Racing boxes that have 'Proudly Made In The USA' stamped on all the boxes, but have little gold 'Made In Taiwan' stickers on the metal gear inside. [S

and i think that YOU will find that when a shock body says made in the USA, it means the part. NOT the box.....

disc conversion

My dad and I installed a disc conversion kit, from speedway, on a 64 Impala and ran into a few problems. The kit said it fit 14 in wheels, but did not fit the original Impala 14 in wheels and the brakes screeched form the second you touched them until the car stopped. Nothing worse than squeaky brakes! After replacing the rims with a newer style and installing a new set of pads the the car stopped well. We have found in the past when we bought the higher price aftermarket parts it usually had problems that had to be corrected, so we stick with speedway for the cheaper price. When we pay less we don't get as made modifying it.

My Son is on his second set of disc brakes that he bought from Speedway. They are Wilwoods and they still squeal like mad. He had a long conversation with Wilwood this week and is going to try a new set of pads and calipers that they say should quiet things down.

Speedway hinted to him that they get lots of these same complaints on the disc kits.

Don

"Made in America Matters"

I read a report stating that by the year 2015 labor in China wiil equal that of North Carolina. Let's hope it's a sign of a shift so we can get back to American made quality. [;)

I purchased the speedway front disc brake kit for my truck and cant really complain, I had no front brakes before and can now stop on a dime. Kit was around 200.00 Instructions were really bad. Found some books that really helped with pics and steps to install. My kit have been made in China but as soon as some car from China slams on the brakes in front of me I will have a chance to stop.

I purchased the speedway front disc brake kit for my truck and cant really complain, I had no front brakes before and can now stop on a dime. Kit was around 200.00 Instructions were really bad. Found some books that really helped with pics and steps to install. My kit have been made in China but as soon as some car from China slams on the brakes in front of me I will have a chance to stop.
The picture's a bit bigger than how well your car stops for 200 bucks.

I have always got what I expected from Speedway and any shortages or errors were handled quickly. I drove 900 miles to pick up a paid for body and let us say had an unpleasant experience with the counter man. Speedy Bill said he was sorry and gave me a t shirt. Still order online but will never go back to Lincoln!

No issues here

I have just recently installed their disk brake kit on the Graham (48 Ford truck axle)......and had no issues at all!

I like speedway but if their customer service wasn't so damn good they would have a tuff time. Everything I bought from them worked but the install directions seemed like they were made at the local high school. My brakes make noise but they work only missing one bolt. My ifs kit was missing a couple of things but i called and it was there the next day. Next one will be a Heidts. I still buy from speedway just with a little more research first.

Instructions?

You got instructions? My front end kits had zero instructions and extra bearing races and a few bolts too. Got thru it like a puzzle which I hate. Could be difficult if you spell [Pem 'breaks' also. just sayin'.

it took speedway 3 tries to get my header order right.
i had to send them back twice.
but in fairness i have bought an awful lot of stuff from them and never a problem till this time.

You got instructions? My front end kits had zero instructions and extra bearing races and a few bolts too. Got thru it like a puzzle which I hate. Could be difficult if you spell [Pem 'breaks' also. just sayin'.

If yours gonnas tries to says somtins bouts ones english I's reckon ud better check urs.

Just sayin.

They costed me a bunch of $$$$

I bought a set of 26-27 fenders from them a few years ago.They were all ok except for riders side front fender.It did not curve over tire like it was supposed to and looked terrible.It stuck out 2 inches farther than driver side fender.
I know about fiberglass.My family has been working and building boats since 1930`s.
The fender was removed from mold before it was completely cured and layed down where it strectched the curve out before drying.
Problem was I got them nearly 6 months before finding out the problem,so no refund.
I never even thought they may have been defective so I just pulled fenders from box and stored them correctly and did not look at them until I was ready to use fenders.
No more glass fenders from speedway for me.Very poor quality control to let that happen.:mad:
Fiberglass is simple,let part stay in mold until it is set and cure cycle is over.
We have built several molds for various parts over the decades so we know what to do to produce a quality part.
However,with that being said,I still use speedway for a lots of parts.:)
Just no more fiberglass!

I guess you can't have something good, fast and cheap... either you spend lots of time looking for the best deals, or you spend lots of money in order to have good quality fast or you get lower quality items... That said, I personally don't have a problem withe the service they give, although most of the pieces I use come from scrap; I have even traveled to pick up parts of old projects!

speedway brake kit

I have ran the front disc. kit for 3 years and had no problems, I wanted to change from chevy to ford bolt pattern so I call and the salesman is no help, soooo I get to talk a service tech, he tells me I need parts (x) so I order the parts and guess what, they don't work with my stuff on the car. I call back and a new guy tells me they changed a few things and now with the kit I have I need parts (y) OK lets get this done, 2nd. time still will not work, 3rd call and was told I just needed to buy a complete new brake kit. WTF, so I box it all back up and send it back, re-drill my original chevy rotors for a ford pattern and done, my old front wheel had both patterns in it so I made a jig to center drill all the holes and finished it up on the drill press, I spent more time trying to do the right thing then it took me to just fix it the old fashion way.

Latest posts

Back