Question everything

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIZEGUY

Our resident wisecat
On the alley fence meowing, somewhere in TN.
I have a rule I go by. That rule is question everything.
If I can offer a piece of tech advise, that in my opinion is the best. It would be that.

If something you read, see, or hear doesn't make sense to you, question it.
It doesn't matter who or what company it comes from.

And until they give you a good reason based on hard facts that you, yourself can go out and duplicate, don't take their two cent answer. Hold their feet to the fire.

The net is a big place, let along the world. There is so much b.s. info floating around, with people just taking and going with it.

If someone told you the sky was falling would you take cover, or would you look up to check their statement?

When it comes to your car, do you take advise and alter something based on what you were told or read, without doing your homework first? If you do, you need to wake up.

Don't do anything I, or anyone else tells you if it doesn't make sense, or without looking into it.
That's how YOU are going to become a better builder. Figure out how things work.

Last year at an outlaw race in Atlanta that Yearone sponsered, I got to meet Foose. I asked him a couple of questions about sheet metal work I saw going on in the background on Overhaulin'.

This was his words: "Short of being totally off the wall, there are several ways to get from A to B. What ever way works best for you is the way you need to go. The end result of quality and craftsmenship is what matters."

The point being this. One method that works for me, may not be the method you choose.........

Tracy

What is the old saying? Opinions are like belly buttons (or something :rolleyes: ), we've all got them and they are all different. You are right Tracy, there have been a million times I have gotten someones "opinion" and it is 180 out. You have to learn to trust your own instincts and experiences.

Don

I just thought of a perfect example of not accepting everything as gospel. Are any of you old enough to remember bomb drills in school, where we were told to hide under our desks, and this was going to protect us against an atom bomb attack? I wonder who the genius was who came up with that little plan? :eek: :eek: :D

Don

OK, do u remember this...

I just thought of a perfect example of not accepting everything as gospel. Are any of you old enough to remember bomb drills in school, where we were told to hide under our desks, and this was going to protect us against an atom bomb attack? I wonder who the genius was who came up with that little plan? :eek: :eek: :D

Don

Don,
Do I ever... do u remember this...

We were all given metal cards from the Civil Defense Department with our personal info engraved on them. Supposedly to identify us (our remains?) if there were a nuclear war. I think I still have that dang thing around somewhere?!

BoB

No, I don't remember that. What a morbid thing to be giving little kids. Maybe the desks would have done the trick, things were much better built back then.

Don

Don

I remember those. I don't think my teachers liked me. When we had drills I was assigned to look out the window and tell everyone if I saw a bright flash:D

I just thought of a perfect example of not accepting everything as gospel. Are any of you old enough to remember bomb drills in school, where we were told to hide under our desks, and this was going to protect us against an atom bomb attack? I wonder who the genius was who came up with that little plan?

Don

Hey Don, did you have to blow out the oil lamps before hiding under the desks? :D :D :D

Don

That plan was intended to calm the mind of a child. Teachers knew better but it made a kid just a little bitmore comfortable thinking he/she was safe.

Latest posts

Back