What not to do.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakysnake

"There’s nothing new in originality"
Come across this thought it would make a good tech tip, of what not to do.
2479370-0k17.jpg

I've seen that happen first hand, (excuse the pun). Young guy starting out wanted to be a mechanic real bad, and did the same thing with a tractor lug nut. Held the hand down on a work bench and removed the nut the same way it went on. Other than the skin and a bit of flesh being cut up into curly Q's, he survived and healed up without lasting damage. Took all the desire of being a mechanic away. Ended up selling insurance and real estate, which he still does.

off

so how'ed ya get it off?

that had to hurt like ,,,real bad.

that is why l always take the socket off and drive the nut out from the back of the socket.

hope you feel better.

Later :cool:

Warning

A word to the wise, Never put your finger where you would'nt put your @$#% and you will keep them forever.

Just something to think about before sticking fingers where they should'nt be. Ouch.....

I worked as a ER nurse for ten years. That's not the worst place I've seen a big nut spun onto a guy. :eek: use your imagination. You will be able to walk normal again in a few minutes:rolleyes:

Gold03

so how'ed ya get it off?

that had to hurt like ,,,real bad.

that is why l always take the socket off and drive the nut out from the back of the socket.

hope you feel better.

Later :cool:

That looks like a good tech tip.. Did it have to be cut off?

This wasnt my finger just something I came across and thought might help someone out, dont have any follow up or info on the out come.

317032_158493810912592_100002559221244_259354_1674417831_n.jpg

When eathering a tire..... Don't stick your hand inbetween the rim and tire.... This isn't my doing it was my brothers, after this I decided to never do it again at all, I'll let the tire people do it.

When eathering a tire..... Don't stick your hand inbetween the rim and tire.... This isn't my doing it was my brothers, after this I decided to never do it again at all, I'll let the tire people do it.

It does air it up quick, dont it?ouch

It does air it up quick, dont it?ouch

Yes it does.... As soon as he reached down I yelled Noooooooo but all I got out was n*BOOOOOOMMMM* he jumped back grabing his hand and right then I knew it wasn't pretty. If I recall it bassicly skimmed his thumb and pulled the nail off or pretty close. He lost feeling in it and it's been almost a year ago

takes a special kind of people to do something like that!!!!! Personally when I get a nut stuck in a socket I usually put it back on the bolt a quarter turn then pull it off but ya know.....

Latest posts

Back