Speedway Holly/Ford 94 rebuild kit.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmecord

Just wanted to jump on here and let you guys that dont already know...stay AWAY from the holly/ford 94 rebuild kit from speedway motors. Everyone knows you get what you pay for and this kit is no exception. I ordered everything to completely overhaul my 50 ford's carb. Carb kit/throttle shaft.... Long story short engine ran before carb rebuild,cranked up fine just had bad vacuum leak at throttle shaft. When I opened the kit I found wrong power valve (appears to be the typical 4 barrel holly one,this one will fit a 94 but the shoulder is wrong so it wont seal against carb) ,undersized main jet seals that I had to whittle out to make work,sticking fuel float needle/seat. I went against my better judgment and installed all parts only to find I was rite and the thing wont even hit its so rich ! fuel is draining around power valve into the engine.But after it drains the fuel pump cant even get more gas into the carb (sticking needle/seat) whack with screw driver get fuel flowing again engine floods again. So I called speedway and talked to a "tech" but he is an idiot ! gets me nowhere. I then get transferred to customer service and inform that guy his tech is useless and he then tells me the techs are not trained but just "good old hotrodders like me" but anyway explain issue to this guy and he tells me that he's not going to argue but they have sold thousands of these kits and I am the only one with these complaints ! HE offered to refund my money on the kit so we will see if that happens or not. Thoughts,opinions,input welcome !

Latest posts

Back