28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATS DOZER!!!!

Getting to the milestone of retiring was the high point of my life. Enjoy every minute of it Brother. I wish I had retired 10 years earlier!

Nothing like getting an engine running for the first time. It seems like it's always some small thing that keeps it from happening on the first go round.
Or a few small things.

Sounds good, Looks Good now drive the Hell..Out of it and enjoy:cool::cool:[cl[cl

Congrats Dozer! man, what a build :cool:

It was a good day Dozer![cl[cl[cl

Woo hoo! Sounds good!

I retired last June and now work three days a week. Don't know how I ever got anything done before I retired! But, honey do projects still take up a lot of time, hope to get those complete before long. As soon as I get the last two credit cards paid off I hope to just quit entirely. Should be able to knock one of them out next month.

Way to go! Looks extra good in the sunshine! [cl[cl[cl

Thanks everyone, I was at the point I didn't know if it was ever going to get running. Looking forward to July.

Under your name it should say, "Master Builder".

I just watched the start up video and the first drive video. You have created a winner there. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. Looks like maybe you do some farming too.

Last edited:
Ya done a helluva job keeping it clean too.
:cool::cool::cool:

Thanks OI, keeping it clean was my biggest goal, way back when I said I was going to do this a few people said the new engines are too ugly to put in here. :D

That's another milestone you've just passed, Dozer.
Keep on tinkering.

Thanks MM tinkering I will do.

Under your name it should say, "Master Builder".

I just watched the start up video and the first drive video. You have created a winner there. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. Looks like maybe you do some farming too.

Thanks Bob,I don't know about the Master part. I drives so nice, way smoother than the 440. I am so looking forward to retirement. Building a covered deck across the front of the house starting next week so I can have my morning coffee out there. No farming like you I will be too busy working on car projects.

nice work Dozer. congrats on the maiden voyage [cl
That pump would drive me crazy tho...

Nice job
I agree wit the fuel pump. Maybe an intank pump is in the future.

Well done! It sounds good.

Thanks guys, insulated the floor and it is a lot better but still pretty loud. I goggled it and it turns out if you don't read the ad closely instead of getting a Walbro GSL 392 you are getting a noisy Chinesium knock off.:eek:

Holy cow, I have been hiding since April. Too be honest this computerized stuff almost got the best of me. Up until last weekend I had only put about 150 km on the car. After sorting out the fuel pump issue I was still left with some confusing problems, the biggest being, when driving the car if you stomp on it it would take right off then just die like a rev limiter kicked in. I hooked up my lap top and HP Tuners and went for a drive. One of the really great things about HP tuners is data logging, I click scan drive the car and romp on it and it records what happens. When I got back to the shop i looked at the scans and found that both times it shut down were at 3850 rpm. That is bad enough but the only way to deal with a tuner or HP tuners is via email which is enough to make a guy want to scream, ask a question today get an answer tomorrow or the next day:mad: Turns out the programmer I had unlock my ECU is a trusted LS tuner dabbling in the Dodge market. There are about four things he for got to set in the reprogram including the transmission type, change the Neutral/park max RPM to 5800 and a couple others. The N/P one was the problem because I am not running a computerized transmission the engine didn't know it was in gear and had a 3840 rpm rev limiter:rolleyes:. Easy fix I could read the program make the changes then write them to the ECU, should be easy just HP tuners would not write to the ecu. The programmer said it was a wiring issue, HP tuners said it was a securety measure to protect the programmers work, I'm stuck in the middle. After 49 emails back and forth with HP and 20 with the programmer HP told me to build a bench harness so I could tune on the bench instead of the car which would circumvent the programmer( not sure how) I found the plugs I needed for the computer from a local guy wired it up and low and behold I have now fixed all the problems introduced by the programmer. The car runs amazing and is almost ready for our 4000km trip next month. I took it to a car show in Cypress hill Inter provincial park last weekend 270 km round trip bucking a wicked wind on the way there so bad I had to shut off the overdrive. and got 24mpg U.S. gal 28 imperial almost double the 440. I have 20 days left at work which I hope go as fast as the last 60. :D

When we got our HP Tuner, first thing we found was, the programmer could lock the computer so that they were the only ones to be able to make the changes.
I didn't know you could unhook the computer from the vehicle and use a standalone power supply to be able to make the changes without rebuying the tokens. I'll have to try that out.

Latest posts

Back