What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, Bob, you seem like the opera type to me. :rolleyes::D:D I remember those days when my one GF used to drag me to things like Phantom of the Opera! (wish we had a gagging icon to insert here :D)

Don

Times been flying by...Congrat's...

Got pulled out of the car in a full on felony car stop arrest 14 times in one day![S[S

2 1/2 weeks of academy left then I am certified.[cl

FTO after graduation? What is the Dept Policy? We do 12 Weeks at our dept. Days, Afternoons and Mids... one month of each.... that kicks your butt.... but you get a good feel for what goes on at each.... then 1 year probation.....anyway, good luck....

finally said "close enough" on the cab body work and hosed it with some red oxide. a couple bad spots, but i'll scuff them and hit it again, it's only primer. sure looks better one color!:D

Attachments

• primer 002.jpg
    primer 002.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 21
  • primer 003.jpg
    primer 003.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 19
  • primer 004.jpg
    primer 004.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 21
Not actually last weekend but. Drove to Al Sun & closed on house Mon afternoon. Almost ready to make the move south!!

Thanks, earthman. Along with a new home will come a new garage, of course. Looking to do a 40x40. But, that's another thread,,,,,

I'm getting some stuff done but it involves cleaning up some loose ends on other little projects so I can start on my 34 sedan. Nothing really worth talking about yet.

training, easter, eggs, candy, rear wheel tubs done, ham dinner, back to work.

Did some work to the 1958 Rambler American. Remove the stock front seat and install bucket seats with five point safety harnesses. Remove the stock rear bumper and installed a push bumper. Started playing with an intake and carbs for the engine.

New tires, started building a top w/visor and hopefully,
this week finish installing the the 2x2 set-up. :)

Attachments

• 100_1929 new look top and real www.jpg
    100_1929 new look top and real www.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_1934 new look visor top.jpg
    100_1934 new look visor top.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1938 new carbs and intake.jpg
    100_1938 new carbs and intake.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 20
Started routing wiring to the rear end! Lights, brake light switch & elec fuel pump. This won't take long & then the dash! Next... the fire up!!!

BoB

Ever since we got Dan's rpu done the only thing we have had time to do is drive around ! I can't pry him out of the driver's seat. :D He keeps saying "lets take our cars and go to dinner, or lets go to the beach for a cruise."

Last weekend we went for a drive to a show about an hour from home and then Friday night of this weekend we drove down onto Ft Myers Beach and had dinner. Yesterday he and I drove to another show that was about another hour or so from home. He is in the process of painting and mounting two 50 cal ammo boxes in the rear of the bed, one to carry cleaning supplies and one for tools.

Here is a picture from the show we attended last Saturday, we took all three of our cars and it was cool to spend the day with both of my Sons.

Don

portcharlotteshow.jpg

got some of the front light wiring figured out,got the rear seats cleaned up,now waiting on the new battery so i can try and bring her back to life after 10 years or so of rest.

Attachments

• 100_1014.jpg
    100_1014.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1016.jpg
    100_1016.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_1017.jpg
    100_1017.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1019.jpg
    100_1019.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1021.jpg
    100_1021.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
Finished body work on the 64 just needs sanding and paint , drilled out rusted bolts and screws on the 26 and removed some body trim, and mowed the lawn

Treading water !!!:eek::eek: Older guy down the block started new project,,,
some sort of large watercraft,,,,[S

Latest posts

Back