Living with an addiction

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
Hi, my name is brain and I am an addict.

I live with my addiction every day. Some times it's all I want to do or think about. It makes me stay up at all hours of the night and not sit down for hours! I don't know if I can live with out it.

I am addicted to CARS!!!!!!!

So I drug home another project!?!?!?!?!?!

Well itfs replacing a current semi stalled project.
I picked up this 82 crew cab car hauler for 1700. Running big block and 727. I will be building this instead of the dodge l600 cab over. It will be a way less time consuming build. I love the cab over but I will never be able to finish it at this rate.

I know some will be upset I am not finishing it. But this will be more useful in a way shorter amount of time. It will get a cummins and air ride. Along with a new color and some bed work.

So I hope you will all join us on this journy

Attachments

• 20180314_094119.jpg
    20180314_094119.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20180315_151448.jpg
    20180315_151448.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180315_162422.jpg
    20180315_162422.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180315_174711.jpg
    20180315_174711.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 24
me too

l need to start a club call autoholics anonymous, but l can just see it now,

" hi, l'm bill (HI BILL)l am a autoholic, my problem is l can't stop bringing home projects, wife says one more & she'll leave, boy l will miss her." "by the way, anyone know where to get a 1934 Packard hood?"

Later:cool:

Last edited:
l need to start a club call autoholics anonymous, but l just see it now,

" hi, l'm bill (HI BILL) my problem is l can't stop bringing home projects, wife says one more & she'll leave, boy l will miss her." "buy the way, anyone know where to get a 1934 Packard hood?"

Later:cool:

That would probably be what happens. I would show up just for that

Me Three.:D :D
No money. Bad health. And a upside down wooden boat in my shop and I have 3 possible car projects near that I check on everyday to see if they have sold...........:eek:
"What's a mother to do"........[ddd
Torchie

Boy, I sure am glad I don't have this affliction/addiction :p
I'm not addicted to old hot rods or vehicles :confused:
I wouldn't ever bring anything home that my wife didn't approve of first :rolleyes:
I swear, I can quit bringing home projects anytime I want [S
Wait, I just remembered where another project is so I'll quit as soon as I finish this one :D
Ah crap, Hi my name is Jim [ddd

Hi, My name is Skip. I was strong today. I didn't pull the trigger on a great deal on another engine for a future project that may never even happen. It was very painful. :eek:

70 years old, 8 projects, three on the road and legal, one near, still work 60 hrs a week to support this hobby/addiction on the weekends......still on craigs every night looking to see what might have been posted today! :rolleyes:.
Very comforting to know it's not just me. :D

"Hello, I'm Bobby, and I have an addiction, old cars!"

Fixing to turn 59 next month, working 5 1/2 days a week with no free time through the week, trying to get some debt paid off so I can buy parts for my projects and keep the homefront going without much left over. Still looking in back yards and closed down gas stations when I go by, looking for that gem in the rough that will make a diamond!

WB, that's another part of the addiction, but I have that too.
I have been gaining strength, as Skip mentioned, I'm not bringing home every project that I have offered to me. There's a little more room to grow up yet, though.

I had really purposed myself not to start anything until the 40 panel was done. Then the 59 F250 came along and I temporarily put the panel aside to get the 59 up and running. Now, sadly I will never work on the 40 again and they aren't worth much all blown apart.
Upside is, the whole time I have been driving and enjoying the 59 and even if I had stayed the course on the 40, it wouldn't be close.

Latest posts

Back