Living with an addiction

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had really purposed myself not to start anything until the 40 panel was done. Then the 59 F250 came along and I temporarily put the panel aside to get the 59 up and running. Now, sadly I will never work on the 40 again and they aren't worth much all blown apart.
Upside is, the whole time I have been driving and enjoying the 59 and even if I had stayed the course on the 40, it wouldn't be close.

There's a lot to be said for a running driving old car/truck WB.[cl
That's what I miss the most. No matter how many projects I had going I always had one oldie that I could jump in and go for a ride. Never failed to put a:D :D :D on my face.
Torchie

what concerns me, is Mrs Crate used to roll her eyes at my dodge, with all its rust,, (even the chickens wouldn't roost on it ) recently I showed her a picture of a completed one I found...
she made a a few interesting comments (unexpectedly pleasant and thoughtful) ..
just the other day she asked if she could buy me some part or other for the coupe for my upcoming birthday !

seems to me she may be on the verge of addiction... think I might try breathing on her while she is sleeping

there is a more positive angle ... some years back, by way of an bribe ~ expensive lunch at some flash winery ~ was the only way I could get her to go with me to a neighboring city for the NZ Nationals..

;)

To raise your concern to new levels, Crate, I'll tell you my story.
My wife could not see why I wasted so much time, for years, trying to hook all of those rusty pieces together. Then, when I backed a cleaned up, running old truck out of the shop and said "lets go for a spin", she quickly fell in like with my world.
I'm here to tell ya, "There could be more women out there that will become unstable in their thinking"
Good Luck!

47 years ago, I married a woman that liked racing of all kinds and is the biggest duck in the puddle when it comes to buying anything to do with it :D:cool:

gone

hi, lm bill and l have an addiction:D

last woman in my life gave me a choice, her or the hot rods, guess which one of the two l still have[ddd

Later

hi, bill and l am an autoholic.

darn, did it again, promised myself no new toys, then one more l could not pass up, a 1956 International 4X4 CHEAP on line, bloody 'ell, l need more meetings if l am ever going to get over this "problem"[S

Later :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 16

darn, did it again, promised myself no new toys, then one more l could not pass up, a 1956 International 4X4 CHEAP on line, bloody 'ell, l need more meetings if l am ever going to get over this "problem"[S

No chip for you Sir.

Good find;)

There's just no helping some people. :D[cl

door vin tag

WOW!!!
If that's a factory 4x4 set up it;s got to be as rare as Hens teeth.:)
Torchie

here is the vin, l turned upside right so it can be read, it say it's factory equiped 4X4.

briggs & stratton ignition key, is that stock also[S

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 10

Ya know, You don't HAVE to keep everything you find. You tinker a little, then sell for a profit to support the others.

yea

Willowbilly Y"a know, You don't HAVE to keep everything you find. You tinker a little, then sell for a profit to support the others ."

agreed, with a little urging from "the family" it is now on CL:(

it's hard letting go of stuff, small steps, one day at a time and l will have the addiction under control:rolleyes:

here is the vin, l turned upside right so it can be read, it say it's factory equiped 4X4.

briggs & stratton ignition key, is that stock also[S

The only problem i've seen with Briggs & Stratten keys is they don't usually result in much power when you use them :rolleyes:

Met a little girl whose last name was Stratten.......her given names were Briggs Ann

Latest posts

Back